PDA

View Full Version : Brand Newbie

lamairepr
12-11-2014, 11:11 PM
Hello everyone, I've been thinking about getting into detecting for abut a year now, so Santa 🎅 might help me out. Will be spending some time in here learning anything I can to prepare for spring. Thank you in advance for any input and guidance!

del
12-12-2014, 05:32 AM
Welcome to the forum Lamairepr did "Santa" have any ideas as to what detector you might have wanted ?? I hope you was good this year :lol: , please feel free to ask away about any questions . Its what the forum is all about , sharing information , pictures of finds and experiences while having a few laughs too. Glad you found us !

Dan

aloldstuff
12-12-2014, 06:00 AM
Welcome from western MA. Once Santa puts that detector under the tree you'll discover a whole new world called "addiction". Look around the forum, plenty of information here. Looking forward to your future participation.

giant056
12-12-2014, 06:28 AM
Welcome to the forum from Kalamazoo :thumbsup02:

Tony Two-Cent
12-12-2014, 06:47 AM
Welcome from Illinois! :waving:

We're glad you joined the forum! Hopefully you'll be out there finding all kinds of goodies when spring comes.

Best of luck!

Digger Don
12-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois.
You are going to absolutely love this hobby.
It's addicting and rewarding.
Best of luck on your new adventure!!

Full Metal Digger
12-12-2014, 11:40 AM
Welcome to the forum and a good group of hobbyists. Lots of great advice and ideas to be found here. What type of things are you interested in finding (old coins, jewlery, relics, civil war, etc)?

Skamaniac
12-12-2014, 05:54 PM
Hello and welcome from Washington state. I found this to be an excellent site to ask questions and learn from some of nicest people around.

lamairepr
12-12-2014, 09:38 PM
Thanks for all the welcome responses. del, I have know idea whats coming from Santa :grin: DaddyDigger I would probably be interested in old coins, possibly civil war pieces, possibly jewelery. I'm from Michigan, I've been trying to find any laws regarding detecting. Thanks for any advice anyone may have.

Nesdore
12-13-2014, 12:42 AM
Hello and Welcome from the Buckeye State :waving: you will be addicted that's for sure....lot's of good detectorist on this forum if you need help with anything you will find the answer one way or another Good Luck and Happy Hunting

OxShoeDrew
12-13-2014, 10:50 AM
Santa brought my first detector too...but I sent pics of the I wanted :lol: Good luck with your winter research!

Fire Fighter 43
12-23-2014, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the forum and this great hobby. I hope Santa gives you exactly what your hoping for. Good luck and happy hunting.

scorpionman
12-24-2014, 01:25 PM
Hello all: New here but have detecting gold for about 20 years. Just new with coin hunting. Right now just gearing up for next spring and getting my equipment bought and ready. Can't wait til spring and it has not snowed here yet so got a wait I guess.:lolsign: