PDA

View Full Version : 1915 School Hunt

Beefcake
06-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Tonight I went to a school in the Garaway district that I believe was built in 1915, but I'm not really good at the Roman numerals on the front. I hunted this site a couple of years ago with my brother and didn't find anything but clad coins. I was able to hunt the front of the school, but there is alot of area to be covered in the back. It was used as a the Township's High School, but is now just an elementary school in Amish country. I dug alot of clad and two more silvers! Here's the video of what the site looked like...
1915 School.mp4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfirmtbqR5o#)

Snowy
06-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Mmm. I bet you're going back this weekend!

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-24-2010, 08:57 PM
very nice! what machine were ya using last time ya hunted it? the DFX?
those silvers were not all that deep and just curious what machine ya used?
nice video! thanks man!

coinnut
06-24-2010, 09:06 PM
Yep, That school is built in 1915. Amazing what the nuns in grade school can make you learn lol Roman Numerals :dontknow: I knew they would come in handy some day. :yes: Nice couple of silvers. One thing the E trac kinda makes us do is go slow. I think sometimes that is why we find some of the shallow silver that isn't that masked. I know when I ran the DFX, I used to fly with it. I bet I missed a lot of targets by going too fast. Nice couple of dimes and 3 bucks in change ain't bad either. Don't you hate how good clad quarters read? lol

Beefcake
06-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Yeah, the clad quarters do scream at you... but the silver ones still are more fluty than the clads. I was using the DFX the last time I hunted it and my brother was using the Ace 250. I think the speed really does play a major role in these finds. Many of the silvers I've found with the ET were well within the range of the DFX. I do think the tones play a major role in finding the silver coins too. The ET tends to hit harder on coin signals moreso than the DFX did. If a coin is within 6 and is not on edge... the ET will scream it out loud and clear. I think the ET runs much more stable than the DFX did and doesn't seem to be as succeptible to interference whether it be in the ground or from above. I think the tones have made this a more successful machine for me.

angellionel
06-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Very nice digs. BC! Yes, multi-tones combined with the Conductive setting is what helps in picking up those elusive silver coins that are mixed in with trash. thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
06-24-2010, 09:31 PM
You know you are an E-Trac expert when you start using the word 'flutey' lol thumbsup01

Seriously, you are really becoming one with that machine. Nice finds! I'm glad you are liking the E-Trac. :)

Ill Digger
06-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Two more for the pile thumbsup01 Your on a role bud!!
Thats a nice lookin' site. I'd be goin' back too if I were you :yes:
Congrats on the finds :grin:

Geodawn
06-25-2010, 08:27 AM
2 more or should I say II more for the silver scorecard. Nice job, man!