PDA

View Full Version : First Seated Dime Ever + Indians, Buffs & V Nickels

Digger Don
12-13-2014, 08:49 PM
Alec and I headed out this morning to hit a couple of parks we found on Google Earth. The first one we arrived just as the sun was coming up. I hunted solo. Alec opted to sleep a little longer. I hunted that park for an hour and the only coin I dug was a 1907 V Nickel. Nothing else, no clad, no memorials, nothing but pull tabs and the one nickel.

We moved on to the second town which had a large wooded park. We were there maybe 10 minutes and I dug a buffalo nickel.
A half hour later i dug another V nickel. I joked with Alec about all the nickels we've been finding and said where are all the silvers. Not 5 minutes later, I hear "DAD,DAD,DAD,DAD" as he's motioning me to come over. I knew it had to be good. IT WAS . His first Seated coin, an 1887 Seated Dime. In nice shape too!!

Anyway, after that, I dug a Buffalo nickel and that was it for me.

Alec also got a 4 wheat coin spill, 2 Indians and a Buff to finish out the day.

Another great day hunting with my son. :grin:

Nesdore
12-13-2014, 09:00 PM
:thumbsup02::perfect10: Congrats on a great looking seated dime Alec. Don you had a good day as well I still haven't found a v nickel or a 1800s silver :thumbsup02: hope you guys can get out a couple more times this December GL

Mountaindigger
12-13-2014, 09:07 PM
Outstanding seated dime, that is one coin I have never dug. Congradulations.

RIdirtdigger
12-13-2014, 09:41 PM
Amazing seated dime, I'm still waiting for my first. Alec must be one happy camper!

Digger Don
12-13-2014, 09:47 PM
Amazing seated dime, I'm still waiting for my first. Alec must be one happy camper!

yep, he's still doing the Happy Dance:happy:

Trooper Bri
12-13-2014, 10:03 PM
Very nice seated Alec. Buffs, IH's, and wheaties are good too!

Ill Digger
12-13-2014, 10:03 PM
yep, he's still doing the Happy Dance:happy:
He's awake now ain't he!! :shocked03::happydance02:............. :lol:

Nice find Alec!!!:thumbsup01:
Congrats bud! :grin:
You and your dad are both having a first year of detecting like I've never seen!!
Round 2 (next year) should be reeeeeal interesting. :popcorn:

del
12-14-2014, 06:24 AM
:wow: what a nice looking seated , a great find so late in the season too. :cheering:

" huge congrats Al "

aloldstuff
12-14-2014, 06:47 AM
With all the great items you both have been digging up this year it was only a matter of time before a seated coin popped out of a hole.
WTG Alex. :yahoo:. Very impressive totals this year and I can't wait to see what next year brings for the "dynamic digging duo".

Tony Two-Cent
12-14-2014, 08:05 AM
Way to go, Alec! :perfect10:

Congrats on your first seated coin! It's a real beauty too! Not much wear on it at all. It will be the first of many, I'm sure. You guys have become very skilled detectorists. The fact that you are finding those deep, old nickels proves that you are really paying attention to every signal.

GOOD JOB!

giant056
12-16-2014, 12:32 AM
Congrats on your first seated dime Alec :thumbsup02:

Ronandari
12-16-2014, 09:13 AM
Beautiful seated Alec. :perfect10:. You guys are having a great year. Congrats

MIKE54
12-16-2014, 05:30 PM
Nice looking dime ! I've only found one and it was holed and the reverse had been smoothed and the name "Harry" engraved on it. So I guess Harry's girlfriend lost it a while back.

don in ny
12-18-2014, 07:36 AM
Way to go! Nothing like checking one off the bucket list and Alec did it in a great way. That's one nice seated dime. He should be one happy camper. Great you can share the hobby with your son.

The Rebel
12-19-2014, 09:44 PM
WTG on the finds but even better than that is spending quality time with your son!

HH & Happy Holidays,
Roger