PDA

View Full Version : Thought I found Gold

NAGOLOCOP
12-13-2014, 09:06 PM
Well I took advantage of the great day(1'c), Got up at 6am and was detecting by 7am. Never thought I would be detecting again this Year. I never even got cold the 5 hrs I was out. The only down fall was that the ground was soooo wet from all the rain we had.

I got the gold target near the end of my hunt reading 62-64 and not a solid signal, but decided to dig it. It got the heart pumping when I saw it.
The first pictures are still in the hole.

I also found a 1890 IH, 1919 Lg cent, old copper with no date and some other odds and ends.
The padlock was also a cool find.

And the copper Item that I found looks like some sort of badge, Maybe somebody has seen one before.

Would have posted earlier but had to go Christmas shopping with the wife. http://www.canadianmetaldetecting.com/phpBB3/images/smilies/bigeyes.gif

Thanks for looking

HH

Ill Digger
12-13-2014, 10:38 PM
It may not have been gold, but you still made some nice finds! :yes:
2 LC's, a IH and some other neat relics makes for a pretty darn good hunt! :thumbsup02:
Congrats! :grin:

del
12-14-2014, 06:13 AM
you may not have gotten gold but you did find a couple of cool old colonial relics . the "badge" is a type of mount either attached to leather (similar to a horse rosette) or could even be part of a horse bit ( a bit boss) . either way its old and probably colonial . the oval buckle-like item I would love to see a few more pictures (a side view and close up of the top and bottom ) , its an interesting piece.

Dan

aloldstuff
12-14-2014, 06:50 AM
No gold but some great items, love the lock. Hunting 5 hours in December and not getting cold is fantastic.

GA1dad
12-14-2014, 12:33 PM
Those are awesome finds for 5 hours swinging.

RIdirtdigger
12-14-2014, 12:49 PM
nice finds, the large cent and old copper are awesome

PL8MAN
12-14-2014, 04:47 PM
Sweet finds !

Digger Don
12-14-2014, 07:44 PM
Great Job. That Canadian Large Cent is a cool find.
I also think that little lock is a very cool piece.
:congrats: