PDA

View Full Version : First time out in several years *silver&gold*

Relic
12-14-2014, 05:35 PM
I had plans on doing some relic hunting this weekend with my dad, but he had to back out last minute, so I went solo. I started out hunting a field where a school house stood in the late 1800s. In the past it's given it up a lot of good coins and relics..no coins today, but I did end up with an ink well topper and a few buttons and some sort of other relic...looks like stacked cannon balls to me...reckon it could be grapes..dunno. And I also found what I thought was a fired shotgun slug, but after washing it off, I can see it has engraving on it, a rainbow with what looks like a guy sitting against a tree with a fishing pole in his hand.
After that, I decided to hunt an old park that gets hit pretty hard...figured it would be a good place to get back into the swing of things and to remind myself how much I hate pull tabs.
My very first signal there turned out to be a 14k wedding band. Then I remembered how "trashy" the park is...after about 50 or so pull tabs, I got myself into "coin mode" and started ignoring everything else. I slowed down and kept my coil tight and started finding coins in the trash pretty consistently...was fooled by a "clippy" pull tab every now and then that would chirp like deep silver...but in the end I had 3 silvers...4 if you include the war nickel and a bit of clad. I figure I'll go back to that park after I get my new detector and learn how to use it...I know that park has tons more silver and gold to cough up.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/alexia2003/IMG_0020_zps498e2dfb.jpg

Full Metal Digger
12-14-2014, 06:12 PM
Holy Cow! You came out of the gate swinging my friend! I'd say you never even got rusty during your hiatus from detecting. Congrats on some great finds. A gold ring as your first signal...that's got to be some sort of record! HH, Dave.

aloldstuff
12-14-2014, 06:30 PM
He's back......WOW, gold and silver in your 1st time out after your "retirement". Very impressive.

Digger Don
12-14-2014, 07:58 PM
I still haven't found Gold. That's a great find. and 4 silvers to boot.:wow:
:congrats:

Nesdore
12-15-2014, 01:14 AM
Wow Great Hunt nice gold ring and 4 silver coins to boot I've yet to dig a war nickel so I'd count that:thumbsup01: congrats on a great first hunt in a long time

PL8MAN
12-17-2014, 09:24 PM
Sweet treasure ! Congrats

giant056
12-19-2014, 07:30 AM
You certainly didn't lose your touch for metal detecting congrats on a great bunch of finds :thumbsup02:

Relic
12-19-2014, 01:30 PM
Thanks folks. It was just nice to get out...the finds are just icing on the cake.

RIdirtdigger
12-19-2014, 03:54 PM
Welcome back from retirement. That is quite an amazing debut after several years without detecting. You got silver, gold, clad, and relics. Can't really beat that. Once again welcome back and :congrats:

Ronandari
12-19-2014, 06:19 PM
Coming back that strong ought to have you feeling pretty good. :thumbsup01: what detector do you have coming?

RON

Trooper Bri
12-19-2014, 06:35 PM
Doesn't look like you lost your touch after all that time off. Nice assortment of goodies!

Relic
12-20-2014, 01:29 AM
Coming back that strong ought to have you feeling pretty good. :thumbsup01: what detector do you have coming?

RON

No idea yet. I'm still in the not enough mon...err I mean.."research" stage. I'm seriously considering an E-trac. I was always a Whites and Tesoro guy...but the E-trac's capabilities are hard to ignore. The Minelab Safari is still on the table as well. I always wanted a Minelab Quattro back in the day..and the Safari seems to be a better version of that.

mownomo
12-20-2014, 11:11 PM
WOW!!!! No need to upgrade now. You have the midas touch with what you have. Keep on pulling the good stuff.

Tony Two-Cent
12-21-2014, 07:12 PM
Just like riding a bike! :thumbsup01:

You definitely didn't lose your touch! Incredible finds! That 14K ring was a very lucky find.

Good job! :clapping:

GA1dad
12-22-2014, 12:10 PM
Bravo!!!