PDA

View Full Version : Another Sunday Hunt with Zrikkid - 5 More Silvers Today

Digger Don
12-14-2014, 09:02 PM
Digger Al (Alec) and I met up with Zrickkid this morning to do a little door knocking.

At the first house, Alec got on the board first with a 1959 Rosie along the sidewalk. I followed about a half hour later with a 1943 Washington. We stayed at the first house for about an hour and a half. We all left with Silver in our pockets.

The next house, once again, Alec started us off with another Rosie, a 1953. and once again, I followed him with another Washington, a 1947. Alec also dug a Prayer Medal, a 1996 Canadian penny and 4 wheats. before we finished I dug another Rosie, a 1948, a 1954 Canadian Penny, a 1973 centavo and 5 wheats.

Just for the record, we also hunted 2 other houses with zero results.

It was a good day of hunting with Zrickkid and Digger Al. the weather was great and we all got a few nice keepers.

PL8MAN
12-14-2014, 09:08 PM
Great finds !

Nesdore
12-14-2014, 11:10 PM
Sounds like yet another great day of hunting I think it's funny Al finds a Rosie you find a Washington. Same thing next yard :lol: congrats on another successful day:thumbsup01:

aloldstuff
12-15-2014, 06:07 AM
Great hunting guys, adding another 5 silvers to the yearly total.....:thumbsup01:.

Full Metal Digger
12-15-2014, 10:57 AM
What, only 5 silvers? Must have been a quick 15-minute hunt or something! I'm sure you are getting sick of me saying this but you and Alex are Phenomes. Just crazy how quickly you have become master-detectorists. Any day now I expect to see a gold coin under your name. On that day I will officially hate you! :envious: BTW, I like the green 1950s reflector. I think they are off old street signs but I am not sure. They sure do ring up nice like a silver half though don't they!

Tony Two-Cent
12-15-2014, 11:19 AM
Congrats on getting 5 more silvers, you guys! Your yearly totals are off the charts! I like the foreign coins too.

:congrats:

Digger Don
12-15-2014, 03:45 PM
What, only 5 silvers? Must have been a quick 15-minute hunt or something! I'm sure you are getting sick of me saying this but you and Alex are Phenomes. Just crazy how quickly you have become master-detectorists. Any day now I expect to see a gold coin under your name. On that day I will officially hate you! :envious: BTW, I like the green 1950s reflector. I think they are off old street signs but I am not sure. They sure do ring up nice like a silver half though don't they!

Thanks Dave, I appreciate your comments, but we had some help along the way. (Thanks Tony)
I think we got extremely lucky with some of our finds this year and remember our totals are for both of us combined.
I will say this, I had a freaking blast this year. I doubt we can match this years total, but we're sure going to try.
Thanks Again, Don

zrickkid
12-15-2014, 03:47 PM
Alex is standing over a coin in that picture that will forever be lost under a large tree root! Too bad. I had a fun day and look forward to next season hunting with you guys.

Digger Don
12-15-2014, 03:52 PM
Alex is standing over a coin in that picture that will forever be lost under a large tree root! Too bad. I had a fun day and look forward to next season hunting with you guys.

I know, that"s why I posted it. For those of you who weren't there. Alec had a screaming 12-47 under a root. He tried for 45 minutes to get to it. he reluctantly had to give up.

wisconsin digger
12-15-2014, 05:00 PM
great hunt. Looks like we have a few more days of decent temps. WD