PDA

View Full Version : Big Silver is a little Silver Lining

Ill Digger
12-16-2014, 11:26 PM
Early last week I got one of those phone calls you never want to get. A call saying that my uncle and godfather was found dead in his bed of a brain aneurism. :crying01: It was a tough week to say the least. The services were held Sunday and Monday. Being a pall bearer I needed to be back to the church by 11:15 Monday for the burial. We spent the night at another one of my aunt and uncles house. Staying there I wasn't too far from the sport camp my uncle runs. I set my alarm for 5:30 a.m. and was swinging with my head lamp by 6:15 a.m.:detecting:
In about four hours I was able to sniff out 3 silvers and a 1867 IH! :thumbsup01:
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/download_20141216_215203_zpsvxzaxpme.jpeg (http://s766.photobucket.com/user/IllDigger/media/download_20141216_215203_zpsvxzaxpme.jpeg.html)

So I packed up and headed over to the church for the burial. Afterwards everyone went inside for a bite to eat and then went their separate ways. So was going to go back to the camp but as I was pulling back into my aunt and uncles drive I decided to just hunt there at their house. It's a late 1800's farm house. The first hole was a wheatie. After that I wasn't finding to much other than some clad, when I got a 7-42 ,8-43 :huh: at 7-8 inches. :drool: I got down to the coin and seen the silver edge sticking out of the back of the hole! I thought it was a quarter till I popped it out and seen it was BIG SILVER!! :happydance01: Turned out to be a 1942 WLH!! A nice addition to the days take.
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_20141215_1425142_zpsld4grh1g.jpg (http://s766.photobucket.com/user/IllDigger/media/IMG_20141215_1425142_zpsld4grh1g.jpg.html)

The keepers cleaned up.
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_20141216_185359_zpsy8clysv6.jpg (http://s766.photobucket.com/user/IllDigger/media/IMG_20141216_185359_zpsy8clysv6.jpg.html)

Thanks for lookin' & HH everyone! :peace:

R.I.P. Uncle Jim :angelic:

aloldstuff
12-17-2014, 07:19 AM
Tim, sorry to hear of your uncle's passing. It sounds like the two of you were close.

Nice pile of silvers especially that WLH, isn't the 1867 IH a semi key date?

Tony Two-Cent
12-17-2014, 09:06 AM
Very sorry to hear about your uncle, Tim. It sounds like he went quickly and peacefully, but I'm sure it is still very difficult for you and your family.

Sometimes metal detecting can be very therapeutic, I have used it myself on occasion to take my mind off things. You ended up with a nice pile of silver including a big Walker! The 1867 Indian Head is a key date and a great find also.

Digger Don
12-17-2014, 10:13 AM
Tim, I'm very sorry to hear about your uncle. I hope you and your family are doing ok.

As far as your recent hunts, Congrats on the Silvers, especially the Walker. Very nice Find.

The Indians not bad either. Great Job!

Ronandari
12-17-2014, 11:10 AM
Sorry to hear of the loss. Wishing the best for you and your family. Detecting always help me to rest my mind when times are difficult.

Ron

Full Metal Digger
12-17-2014, 01:23 PM
Tim,
Please accept my condolences on the passing of your uncle (and godfather). Maybe he was looking down and helping you find that big silver. I was surprised how heavy the casket was when I was a pallbearer for my wife's grandmother!

Merry Christmas to you and your family and best wishes for 2015, Dave.

Nesdore
12-17-2014, 01:48 PM
So sorry to hear about your uncle it's never easy losing a family member he must've been looking down on you finding that nice Walker and my personal favorite that 1867 IH :clapping: Best wishes

wisconsin digger
12-18-2014, 08:18 PM
My condolences. WD

Ill Digger
12-18-2014, 09:38 PM
Thanks everyone.:grouphug:

Tim, sorry to hear of your uncle's passing. It sounds like the two of you were close.
Thanks Al. Yes we were very close. Even though we live 2 hours away from each other, and only got to see each other a couple times a year, we were pretty tight. :crossfingers:

Sometimes metal detecting can be very therapeutic, I have used it myself on occasion to take my mind off things.

Detecting always help me to rest my mind when times are difficult.
The thoughts and memories of uncle Jim flooded my mind all week leading up to his funeral. Yet, even if for only a short time, while I was detecting I kinda drifted off into my own little world of beeps, chirps, and nulls......:daydream: Therapeutic indeed. :yes:

Tim,
Please accept my condolences on the passing of your uncle (and godfather). Maybe he was looking down and helping you find that big silver. I was surprised how heavy the casket was when I was a pallbearer for my wife's grandmother!

Merry Christmas to you and your family and best wishes for 2015, Dave.

So sorry to hear about your uncle it's never easy losing a family member he must've been looking down on you finding that nice Walker and my personal favorite that 1867 IH :clapping: Best wishes
Thanks guys..
The thought of uncle Jim looking over my shoulder crossed my mind as I was sitting and admiring that Walker after I pulled it out of the ground.

mownomo
12-18-2014, 11:02 PM
Sorry for your loss. God bless you and your family.

Ill Digger
12-19-2014, 12:05 AM
Sorry for your loss. God bless you and your family.

Thank you.:)

Isaac
12-19-2014, 07:18 AM
Really sorry about your uncle and godfather Tim, my condolences are sent out your way, bless your family.

Have a blessed rest of your holiday and congrats on a sweet hunt.\

Above posters are right, when I'm stressed out from high school I use metal detecting when ever I can to help me, it can be very soothing and calming.

giant056
12-19-2014, 07:22 AM
My condolences to you and yours on the passing of your uncle. You sure made some great finds while you were there.

RIdirtdigger
12-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Sorry about the loss of your uncle. Please accept my deepest condolences. Nice job on the silvers. That walking liberty is really nice. Hope you keep swinging and brighten your day during these difficult times.