PDA

View Full Version : BIG SILVER from one of my favorite parks.

RIdirtdigger
12-19-2014, 03:44 PM
So Final exams are finally over and I am officially on mid-semester break. I headed out to a local park early this morning cause I had a good feeling about the place. It has given up numerous wheat pennies, a buffalo nickel, and 6 silver coins including a Ben Franklin half (my first one). However, I had yet to find a silver coin there since May. That would change today. About 1 hour into the hunt I get a slamming 90-93 signal. It is only two inches or so deep but right next to the signal is a trashy target. This might have been why I missed it so many times before. I stick my pinpointer in and see a black, big disc in the hole. I really had no idea what it was. I grab it out of the hole and rub it once and see an Eagle. It is a 1943 Walking liberty half! My second half dollar this year (and in career) and the second one out of the same park! I was really happy. I could not believe I missed this signal as well as anyone else that detected it. After the half I picked up a wheat penny, some clad, and a dropped .22 bullet. Luckily the bullet looked quite old. I also went back this afternoon and decided to dig the low tones for gold, nickels, and other interesting objects. Not much luck got tons of pulltabs and trash. Ended up with two Wheaties, some clad and a Walker! An excellent hunt :)

Ronandari
12-19-2014, 04:02 PM
Congrats on finishing up your exams and on a super WLH. :congrats:

Tony Two-Cent
12-19-2014, 05:11 PM
Congrats on your first Walking Liberty Half! Such a beautifully designed coin. I bet that put a big smile on your face! There nothing like the sight of big silver in the dirt!

:congrats:

Mountaindigger
12-19-2014, 05:52 PM
Good find in decent shape. Congratulations.

aloldstuff
12-19-2014, 07:01 PM
WTG on the WLH. Seeing that you removed the trash next time you'll get the gold.

Digger Don
12-19-2014, 07:51 PM
Excellent find. Those Walkers are beautiful coins. Your looks to be in very nice shape. :perfect10:

Isaac
12-19-2014, 07:59 PM
What a reward for those hard exams Jim... congrats on the half, beautiful finds :wow: . Still have only found 1 half out of 80 silvers this year :lol:

Thiltzy
12-19-2014, 08:04 PM
Gratz on the big silver, looks to be in good shape!

RIdirtdigger
12-19-2014, 09:23 PM
Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments, hopefully I can pull some gold out of there next time I go there