PDA

View Full Version : Finally Heard That Sweet Sound, Copper!!

The Rebel
12-19-2014, 03:54 PM
We'll it's been exactly 2 month's since I found my last 3 coppers. Headed back to the area I've been hitting that has produced, Barbers, V's, IH's, Wheaties, Buffalos, SLQ & The NY Municipal Police Buttons.

I was out last Sunday and snagged the 2 Barbers & 2 Wheaties as well as the Colonial Knee Buckle. Unfortunately I dropped my camera and retraced my steps but with the wind blowing the leaves around I had no luck finding it.

Took Thursday off from work with the hopes to find it, but to no avail. I gridded the site that's been producing the NY Municipal Police Buttons & snagged 2 more. This brings my total from this site to 4. Hopefully I can find more of the uniform (Badge or Buckle, would be nice :yes:).

While gridding it I snagged 2 more IH's & 1 more V.

In the hopes of finding my camera I was in the area of a briar patch & then heard that sweet sound that was music to my ear, a sweet 1843 LC!

By the way the ticks are still out & about!

HH & Happy Holidays,
Roger

RIdirtdigger
12-19-2014, 03:59 PM
Nice job. That braided hear is in awesome shape. I really love the colonial knee buckle frame. Good job on the silvers as well. You had a good couple hunts. Hope you find your camera. I once lost my wallet in the woods while detecting. I eventually found it after two hours, since then I have never brought my wallet in the woods. Anyway nice finds and hopefully your camera turns up

aloldstuff
12-19-2014, 07:05 PM
Nice assortment of keepers, especially the LC and buckle frame. I lost my phone once and fortunately I had to retrace my steps to get out of the place I was in. Stupid me thought I had found a phone until I realized it was mine. Now the phone stays in the car.

Thiltzy
12-19-2014, 07:56 PM
Wow, great hunt Roger! I really like the knee buckle frame. Some very respectable coinage also:thumbsup01:

Isaac
12-19-2014, 07:58 PM
Wow, great hunt Roger! I really like the knee buckle frame. Some very respectable coinage also:thumbsup01:It looks very similar to your two silver ones Todd. Too bad this wasn't a silver one.

Still a beautiful colonial relic none - the less . Congrats on the beautiful braided hair and barbers as well Roger, have a blessed holiday. HH :clapping:

The Rebel
12-19-2014, 09:17 PM
Thanks Guys! It's a nice area with about 5 sites, which are all open & tons of room to swing.

They all seem to have been hit before except this one for some reason, no one could miss all these targets. 99% of the coins are all on 1 side of the house (not the main entrance). I'm going to see if I can contact the NY Library to see if I can track down the Man that lived here & see if I can find his records.

HH & Happy Holidays,
Roger

Bell-Two
12-19-2014, 09:18 PM
Love the knee buckle and ahh the big coppers always talk to my heart!

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-20-2014, 06:05 AM
awesome stuff! sorry to hear about your camera,that stinks!

Lodge Scent
12-20-2014, 10:49 AM
Cool finds. The little knee buckle is a beauty.

del
12-21-2014, 09:04 AM
the blasted ticks never rest :ticked:Roger ! with all things considered you still did pretty well ,Lord knows I've lost a few items out in the woods (cell phone) but found a few things too (cell phone , pinpointers , digging trowels ) . great looking "Braided Hair" and sweet knee buckle .

BTV Digger
12-21-2014, 12:13 PM
Nice set of finds Roger. Keep going back. Love the buckle and assortment of coins. I've got a similar site up here that has 6/7 cellar holes. All hammered really hard, except one which I've found 90% of my keepers in that area. It's right on the path between the others so really strange why it was missed. Gremlins I guess.

John

OxShoeDrew
12-21-2014, 12:34 PM
Sounds like you have more area there to hunt! Those are some really nice finds Roger :envious:

The Rebel
12-21-2014, 04:37 PM
Thanks again guys!

I've lost a few items out in the woods (cell phone) but found a few things too (cell phone , pinpointers , digging trowels)

Thanks Dan. Perhaps you should add a lost & found section on the forum :lolsign: