PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's Cellar hunt with Dave. *Copper, Eagle and big Silver

Thiltzy
12-19-2014, 08:01 PM
Sunday Cellar Hole hunt. Dave and I found a new spot, it was a beautiful site yet hammered pretty hard. I still managed a few keepers with a General service Eagle Civil War Button, 1848 Braided Hair, and a more modern silver coin spill. Probably lost from hunters or logger's in the 40's.

Isaac
12-19-2014, 08:04 PM
Great hunt Todd. Big Silver, copper, and military ... even though not many finds were made it was still a very good hunt with variety in my book! Hope you have a safe and happy holiday!

Isaac

The Rebel
12-19-2014, 09:11 PM
WTG Todd! Beautiful looking spot there! I have yet to find a Walker.

Happy Holidays!
Roger

Bell-Two
12-19-2014, 09:20 PM
Very good finds a real nice mix of goodies!

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-20-2014, 06:06 AM
was a rough day with hammered sites but,you didn't do too shabby.congrats!

aloldstuff
12-20-2014, 06:06 AM
Hammered but not that hammered. Nice assortment of keepers.

Lodge Scent
12-20-2014, 10:47 AM
Nice finds. Good hunt!

Full Metal Digger
12-20-2014, 01:04 PM
Very nice finds Todd! That LC sure is in good shape. Will you be cleaning it more or just leave it as is? The big silver sure is a nice bonus. When you first found it but hadn't yet figured out it was a WLH, were you hoping Capped Bust or Seated? Best wishes and HH, Dave.

RIdirtdigger
12-20-2014, 06:48 PM
Once again another fantastic hunt from you Todd. You always seem to come home with a great combination of older and more modern finds. Looking forward to hearing about your upcoming hunts as usual. Keep up the good work :congrats:

del
12-21-2014, 09:09 AM
"Look at you" still finding great looking coppers, I'll take quality over quantity any day Todd. congrats on the silver , even though its a walker (I can almost hear you saying " why couldn't it have been a capped bust" :lol:) its still a very good find .

congrats on another successful hunt!

BTV Digger
12-21-2014, 12:07 PM
Thanks for sharing Todd. Very nice condition on the LC.

John

Thiltzy
12-21-2014, 01:51 PM
DaddyDigger
Very nice finds Todd! That LC sure is in good shape. Will you be cleaning it more or just leave it as is? The big silver sure is a nice bonus. When you first found it but hadn't yet figured out it was a WLH, were you hoping Capped Bust or Seated? Best wishes and HH, Dave.
I will be leaving the Large cent as is or maybe just finish it with rens wax. Yes I was hoping at least seated:lol:

del
"Look at you" still finding great looking coppers, I'll take quality over quantity any day Todd. congrats on the silver , even though its a walker (I can almost hear you saying " why couldn't it have been a capped bust" :lol:) its still a very good find .

congrats on another successful hunt!
You must of heard me Dan... I was praying for a Capped bust when I saw the silver edge in the hole:bummer:

Thiltzy
12-21-2014, 01:52 PM
Thanks for all the comments crew