PDA

View Full Version : Good Deed Rewarded with an unexpected Merc

Digger Don
12-20-2014, 02:47 PM
This weekend my wife and I are watching our niece and nephew. Last night they were looking at our finds for the year and asked if Alec and I would take them out for a hunt this morning. I wasn't planning on going out today but how could I say no.

We found a little park that I thought would produce some clad for them and broke out the F2 for them to share. They are both very young so finding clad was an exciting deal for them.

While they were hunting, i decided to give it a go with the E-trac. To my surprise, I dug a 1943 Merc and a 1911 wheat.
I wasn't expecting that, I didn't think the park was that old. Alec found a buckle down 11".
December 20th in Illinois and finding Silver. PRICELESS

Tony Two-Cent
12-20-2014, 03:29 PM
You just wanted to tie my silver total for the year, didn't you? :poke: :lol:

Good job, Don! You showed your niece and nephew a good time AND found a silver to boot! I'm sure they had a lot of fun and will remember it for a long time.

:perfect10:

aloldstuff
12-20-2014, 04:31 PM
An act of kindness is always rewarded. Nice merc and early wheat but you may have awaken a sleeping bear (Tony)

mownomo
12-20-2014, 11:08 PM
Time with family is priceless. You can't beat memories like that. BTW, nice finds.

Nesdore
12-21-2014, 02:52 AM
Congrats Don on the early wheat and December silver looks like the year is ending good for you :congrats: on a great year

giant056
12-21-2014, 06:29 AM
Great score on the merc and wheat Don :thumbsup02:

BTV Digger
12-21-2014, 12:45 PM
Great story Don. Had a similar story with my son on his first park hunt with a kids Bounty Hunter a few years back. Second coin out of the ground was a clad Kennedy Half Dollar. I'll never forget his excitement. Thanks for sharing.

John

Clad killer
12-21-2014, 04:30 PM
Great story and great find
sounds like you might have two great detecting buddies. As well