PDA

View Full Version : New Lurker

dl1098
12-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Hello, I got started about 6 months ago by my wife's uncle. Being a full time RVer I get to try a lot of different places, but not able to hunt like a local. I'm not real good at posting, and as of yet I haven't found much worth posting about. Also traveling about sometimes leaves me in black holes internet wise. I enjoy reading all the other posts and hopefully will learn something.

Bill

Full Metal Digger
12-21-2014, 06:05 PM
Welcome to the forum! Actually you are in a good position for MDing because you travel so much! Use the internet to research sites before you get there. Also, there may be folks on this forum who live in that area and they can steer you to good parks or beaches. What type of detector do you have and what do you like looking for? Best wishes and HH, Dave.

Pennsylvania Treasures
12-21-2014, 06:49 PM
Welcome to the forum, I am very excited to see your upcoming finds.

Digger Don
12-21-2014, 08:25 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois. I would give anything to travel around and hunt different areas.
Good Luck.

OxShoeDrew
12-21-2014, 08:46 PM
Welcome to the group!

dl1098
12-21-2014, 09:56 PM
I am using a Whites Eagle Spectrum as my main unit, with a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 and a Fisher MScope 1260 as secondary units. I like looking for anything, but I seem to specialize in pop tabs. I have been told that the Whites might be in need of a tune up, so I will have to look in to that.

Tony Two-Cent
12-21-2014, 10:04 PM
I had a Fisher 1260-X from 1987 to 2000. I really liked that machine and felt that it was a big step up from the Whites 5000/D that I owned previously.

KennyD
12-21-2014, 10:26 PM
Welcome aboard dl!

Skamaniac
12-22-2014, 02:00 AM
Hello and welcome from the Washington state. Isn't it amazing how many pop tabs are out there? But I look forward to hearing about any good finds you dig up. You must have some good RVing stories too!

aloldstuff
12-22-2014, 07:00 AM
Welcome from western MA. I sell RV's so I hope you are somewhere in the south now. Would love to be in your situation, being able to go wherever, and being able to detect when I got there. Glad you found us and looking forward to your future posts. What's your RV type?

giant056
12-22-2014, 08:14 AM
Welcome from Kalamazoo :thumbsup02:

dl1098
12-22-2014, 11:52 AM
We have an older travel trailer. We are currently in Alabama, trying my hand at beach hunting. It's very nice traveling, but we usually only stay in a park for a week or so before moving on down the road to see something new. As such I normally only to get to hunt the rv parks, and sometimes a city park. Spent some time on the Natchez trace, beautiful country, but National Park so no hunting there. If I can figure out how to post a photo, I have found a lock that I would like to know more about. Unfortunately all three of my detectors are old and in probable need of re-calibratation, so I may be missing a lot. The oldest coin I have found was a 1943 Nickel. Love reading everyone's stories and tips.

del
12-22-2014, 02:54 PM
Welcome to the forum Bill , me and a few others are more than a little envious that you are able to travel and detect all over the country. I wish you all the best and hope to see what you may find from all over this great country.

Dan

Fire Fighter 43
12-23-2014, 10:15 AM
Welcome to the forum and hobby from SE Wisconsin. Good luck and happy hunting.

mownomo
12-23-2014, 05:59 PM
Hi Bill and welcome from the Lone Star State. We were thru Mobile in October goin' and comin' from Navarre, Florida. We talked about returning via Gulf Shores, but found the coastal RV parks a little pricey. We did enjoy MDing in Florida despite the crowds. We wish you all the luck in traveling & hunting. God Bless y'all & have a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

dl1098
12-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Any tips on Florida beaches? If you get a ways north off the beach the prices are more reasonable.

Mountaindigger
12-24-2014, 12:25 PM
Welcome to the forum, you will find it very educational as well as interesting.

mownomo
12-26-2014, 10:51 PM
Any tips on Florida beaches? If you get a ways north off the beach the prices are more reasonable.
dl, I use an AT Pro and had no issues on the sand (wet or dry), but there was a lot of falseing in the motion of the waves. I did find it easier to hunt after most of the sunbathers leave late in the day. In the morning there is too much competition:lol:. Other than that, it is a beautiful place to hunt and visit.