PDA

View Full Version : Very short hunt today, but found some Gold

Tony Two-Cent
12-21-2014, 07:29 PM
I didn't think I was going to get any detecting done this weekend, but a very short window of opportunity opened up this afternoon. I didn't have time to drive to any out of town sites so I tried a grade school here in town.

Nothing too exciting in the finds department except for a small gold object. It is marked 14K Gold and I think it must be part of a girl's watch. It is inscribed "Rosana Gordan 1948".

I also found an old spoon and a cold cream jar. I haven't been able to get the lid off the jar yet, but I'm sure it's full of silver coins. ;)

Thanks for looking and happy hunting! :beerbuddy:

Full Metal Digger
12-21-2014, 07:45 PM
That's a great find Tony. I like the gold! How did it ring up? Is that an LE in the circle to the left of the 14K? If so then it could be a Lady Elgin watch. Have you Googled her name yet? Any hits? I'm glad you were able to get out if only for a bit. Best wishes and HH, Dave.

Digger Don
12-21-2014, 07:52 PM
Nice job digging Gold today. I bet that brought a smile to your face :)
Congrats !! I'm glad you were able to get out today.

POKIE73
12-21-2014, 07:57 PM
congrats on your finds the jar could be another contest quess what inside just kidding nice to see some people are getting out

Tony Two-Cent
12-21-2014, 08:23 PM
That's a great find Tony. I like the gold! How did it ring up? Is that an LE in the circle to the left of the 14K? If so then it could be a Lady Elgin watch. Have you Googled her name yet? Any hits? I'm glad you were able to get out if only for a bit. Best wishes and HH, Dave.

It rang up as 12-14. I thought it was going to be a nickel. I can't tell for sure what the symbol is, but it might be "LE". I Googled the name "Rosana Gordan" but did not get any matches that were local.

Clad killer
12-21-2014, 09:20 PM
Are you telling us that at this school in 1948 Rosanna Gordon was eating cold cream with a large spoon
congrats on the finds
it has to be awesome to find something with a name and date and know they were standing in that same spot that many years ago

giant056
12-22-2014, 08:18 AM
Great score on the 14K Tony :thumbsup02: is the spoon nickelsilver? it kinda looks like it. By the shape that it's in if its nickel silver you can really make that stuff shine with a good buffing with rouge.

Tony Two-Cent
12-22-2014, 08:20 AM
Great score on the 14K Tony :thumbsup02: is the spoon nickelsilver? it kinda looks like it. By the shape that it's in if its nickel silver you can really make that stuff shine with a good buffing with rouge.

Yes, it says nickel silver on the back. I will give that a try!

Nesdore
12-22-2014, 09:03 PM
Great short hunt Tony I've yet to find Gold great find on yours :thumbsup02: I like the spoon too looks old glad you got out for a bit Merry Christmas Ben

aloldstuff
12-23-2014, 09:08 AM
Nice that you are still able to get out. Nice piece of gold and Clad Killer's response just cracked me up. :coffeelaugh: