PDA

View Full Version : Still thawed in Wisconsin and finding next years silver

wisconsin digger
12-23-2014, 07:57 PM
It has been an unbelievable December in Wisconsin. Went out today and was hunting in 40 degree weather. First spot was not as good as I hoped but still pulled 3 Wheaties and a few clad. A couple of the Wheaties were pre 40's. I hit a 2nd spot as I had an hour of daylight left. Caught the peep of a high signal next to a pulltab and pulled a Rosie about 7-8" down. Later I hunted a gravel drive that must of laid over some original grass. I caught what I thought was a high squeak next to another lower signal. After pulling a pulltab I got a much better 12-46. Dug through two layers of gravel and some deep black dirt only to lose my signal. Hit the ground with the coil again and saw a pristine Merc laying on top of the ground. Might be the nicest Merc I ever pulled. To bad it was not an older coin. All in all another nice bonus day in Wisconsin. Merry Xmas all. Wisconsin Digger

Nesdore
12-23-2014, 08:20 PM
Nice hunt it's has been a nice mild December but I'm sure we will pay for it the rest of the Winter but I'll take that and run with it spring will be here before we know it :thumbsup01:

Digger Don
12-23-2014, 08:44 PM
Great job on the December Silver. I never expected to be able to detect this late in the year.
I hope the weather holds out for you.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Thiltzy
12-23-2014, 08:54 PM
Take advantage while you can. Great hunt and nice mercs gratz

aloldstuff
12-24-2014, 08:31 AM
Great hunting and in December. Here in MA we are forecasted to have a temp of 51 on Saturday. Unbelievable