PDA

View Full Version : 1852 Farm hunt today!

Beefcake
06-25-2010, 10:37 PM
A friend that I teach with let me hunt her house again. I hunted it a couple of years ago a couple of times. Once alone and once with a friend. We were both using DFXs and only found a couple wheaties there in the past. It was super hot today and I was being baked pretty good by the sun. I took about 5 steps and hit silver right off the bat... Many many sweaty steps later I got my second silver of the day. This site belonged to her grandfather and she later bought the farm from someone else so that she could have it back in the family. She was very nostalgic about the coins that I found because they would have been lost by her grandfather. I offered her the coins, but she told me to keep them and was happy for me. I still have alot of ground to cover at this site, even with 3 hunts, there are many parts as seen in the video that I haven't got to yet. Here's the vid and pic...
1852 Farm Hunt.mp4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7nds-XITME#)

Ill Digger
06-25-2010, 11:40 PM
Two more for the pile!! thumbsup01
I hope this new toy treats me as good as yours is treating you :drool:
More Barbers than Washingtons is a good thing lol
Way to mix it up a little lol
Sweet finds!
Congrats :grin:

randy
06-26-2010, 06:56 AM
Nice silver, there's gotta be more there.

leslie(nova scotia)
06-26-2010, 09:20 AM
From the land of the Bluenose...on a silver tear me son. Enjoyed the vid!

angellionel
06-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Sweet finds, Brian. thumbsup01 Hey, have you set a goal as to the number of silver coins you will pick up this year? I think you should if you haven't. ;)

Beefcake
06-26-2010, 10:47 PM
I'd be stoked with 50, but I'd love to get to 100 for the year.

z118
06-27-2010, 07:04 AM
Beef, your posts this year have me convinced I need to pick up an Etrac. Congrats on the sweet digs!

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-27-2010, 09:24 PM
very nice hunt! it's been freakin hot n humid here too in Ct.nice for such a short hunt! can't wait to see what else ya sniff out here thumbsup01