PDA

View Full Version : Dec. 26th - 56 degrees. 2 Indians & a Buff

Digger Don
12-26-2014, 11:27 PM
I went to a park a couple of hours from home this morning. I was there about half an hour and I dug an 1889 Indian.
my next signal was from my phone, Tony Two-Cent sent me a text inviting me to meet him for a hunt today. It worked out perfectly because the town he wanted to hunt was only 20 minutes away. Before I left, I dug what I think is a musket ball at 9". Check out the photo and see if you agree. I've never found one before.
I met Tony at 10;00 and we hit 3 parks. At the first one i dug 1926 Buff. At the second, an 1899 Indian, and at the third, a Show Biz Pizza Token. I found no Silver today:crying01: but did find 3 wheats.

The weather was absolutely great, Another good day.

Take a look at the first video I made, and Al edited for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5lNT4nrYAM If you like it, go ahead and subscribe, and tell me how you think we did. Our videos still have a lot of work to be done on them, but this is what we have so far.
Thanks for looking

Nesdore
12-27-2014, 12:20 AM
Love me some Indians and those have some awesome detail and for the musket ball :dontknow: I've never found one either hope someone can help HH

giant056
12-27-2014, 05:30 AM
Great bunch of finds Don :thumbsup02: those indians are beauties :grin:

Tony Two-Cent
12-27-2014, 08:26 AM
I'm glad we were able to get together for a hunt, Don! Your Indian Heads cleaned up nicely, and it's great that your Buffalo Nickel has a date.

I already gave you my opinion on the lead ball. I definitely think it's a musket ball. You can even see the seam from the mold, and a grid pattern from the linen patch cloth. It has a nice white patina too so you know it's old.

Congrats on the finds! :clapping:

aloldstuff
12-27-2014, 08:54 AM
Nice finds, those IH's have some great detail left. I noticed that Tony is leading in the silver department but not by much. Still a couple of days left to catch him.... I will agree that it is a musket ball.

Digger Don
12-27-2014, 07:47 PM
Nice finds, those IH's have some great detail left. I noticed that Tony is leading in the silver department but not by much. Still a couple of days left to catch him.... I will agree that it is a musket ball.

I talked to him a little earlier today. Trust me, I don't have a chance. Look for his post