PDA

View Full Version : First Metal Detecting Hunt Finds!

MoneyMan
12-27-2014, 03:15 AM
Hello folks! So I just unwrapped my first metal detector, Garrett a
ACE 250 and went on a quick test run/hunt! (Santa was good to me).... Just learning to use the detector and experimenting with it and might I say very easy to set up and use! I checked out some local parks and schools and found a bunch of pull tabs bottle caps and some modern clad... Not bad for a first day ran a total of 2 hrs maybe and found $1.40 in change including a 1979 Dollar Coin Susan B Anthony .... Happy Hunting ! Any tips or tricks would be much apprciated.

aloldstuff
12-27-2014, 09:02 AM
A lot of people have or have had the Ace 250 so I'm sure you will be getting many helpful hints. Only thing I can offer is the more you use it the better you'll get. Pull tabs and bottle caps we all get them. Glad to read that you had fun and looking forward to your 1st silver.

Tony Two-Cent
12-27-2014, 10:39 AM
You've only been metal detecting one time and already you've found something I've never found, a Susan B. Anthony dollar. :thumbsup02:

I agree with what Al said, "the more you use it the better you'll get". Experience is the best teacher. It sounds like you already have a good handle on how the machine works, now you just need to keep using it and become familiar with how each different target rings up.

Best of luck, and welcome to this addicting hobby! :thumbsup01:

Jayson's Treasure Hunting
12-27-2014, 11:47 AM
Welcome to the hobby of metal detecting, and congrats on finding a Susan B. Anthony dollar on you first hunt!

MoneyMan
12-27-2014, 03:35 PM
Thank you for the response and advice, and i can't wait to continue to share my finds!
Happy Hunting!

GA1dad
12-27-2014, 07:04 PM
Wow!! A Susan B. Anthony on your first try?? Again I say,,, Wow!! Congrats on the cool x-mas present,, it'll bring you lots of fun.

Digger Don
12-27-2014, 07:32 PM
Great job digging a Susan B. on you first hunt. I bet you'll be digging silver in no time.
:congrats: