PDA

View Full Version : cellar hunting today

del
06-26-2010, 04:10 PM
well the G-man and i got out this morning to a spot we hit once before , after a brisk uphill hike through some dense foiliage :bangahead01: :crazy: we detected around a large barn and cellar with lots of area :smitten:. a nice place but some spots are very choked off with briars and vegitation this time of year 8/, like around the cellar as you can see . it was a short hunt and i managed a few buttons (8) including a large dandy and one with a basket weave pattern and lots of shotgun shells and rifle casings , a 1954 dogtag (triangle piece) a large musket ball and a whatsit, my find of the day was a childs sized shoe buckle (chape is broke but its still complete), only my second complete one this year so that made me happy :happydance01: . it was great to get out but this time of year makes it challenging to come away with the goods and the bugs are relentless .

Dan

Epi-hunter
06-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Very nice looking site Dan. I love the finds, as usual! :)

John M
06-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Nice group of finds Dan.This time of year out in the woods it does feel like you are swinging a weed whacker.Looks like it was s tough but rewarding time.

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-26-2010, 08:09 PM
very nice dan! over grown isn't the word.the deer flies and the little tiny black bugs that go for the eyeballs are insane!
cool finds and glad you guys got out!
what did G get? :confused:

angellionel
06-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Some nice keepers there, Dan. thumbsup01 That place looks great! I bet it will be revisited during winter or early spring. :yes:

coinnut
06-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Hey, good finds my friend. It was a short hunt and we bounced around a bit. I didn't get that much either, but it was fun in a sorty odd way lol Did get saved by the 1860 Indian or otherwise I would be showing off my clad quarter rofl It was a coin drought kind of day :rolleyes: We'll see what else we can find next time out :yes:

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-27-2010, 05:01 PM
not a bad day out! knock em dead next time! :behave:

Ill Digger
06-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Looks like some tough terrain .
It wasn't too bad of a hunt if you ask me. Those are some cool button finds!!
I don't find to many buttons around here so it's nice to see'em thumbsup01
Congrats :grin:
Yours too George thumbsup01

sniffy
06-28-2010, 08:08 PM
All looks good to me...especially that Shoe buckle....to bad it's missing just a peice! argh...nice job as usual fellas.

del
06-29-2010, 02:32 AM
Very nice looking site Dan. I love the finds, as usual! :)

thanks Angie , it would be so much friendlier in the springtime.

very nice dan! over grown isn't the word.the deer flies and the little tiny black bugs that go for the eyeballs are insane!
cool finds and glad you guys got out!
what did G get? :confused:

yeah the bugnets were out but i still got stung by a hornet :mad:, and the elbow was on fire for about an hour after

Some nice keepers there, Dan. thumbsup01 That place looks great! I bet it will be revisited during winter or early spring. :yes:

you can bet on that we'll be back to it Angel,thanks

All looks good to me...especially that Shoe buckle....to bad it's missing just a peice! argh...nice job as usual fellas.

nope , Jesse its all there ( a complete one) just the chape is broke and bent away from the rest of it so it looks like a part is missing.

sjv
06-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Nice finds Dan! the dry dirt makes it hard to pick up good stuff, so you both did all right. Looks like that spot you took me to, No?
Any ways, nice finds before you know it, the fields will be picked. Give me a call sometime, its been awhile. Found out my sister-in law might have Lymes also. So Iv'e been trying to teach her about the Disease and get her to see my Doctor.
I have my SSD hearing in the afternoon on the 30th ,so I'd appreciate it if everyone would wish me luck. I need this disability to go through, it's tearing me apart inside. It's a terrible Disease and I wish all Detectorists to take precautions, especially in the woods. She wasn't even in the woods, just in the yard. You never know when it will get you, just a matter of time. >:\ Sorry just having a bad day, I wish you all a good year and maybe I'll get out sometime again for a short hunt.

On a lighter note has anyone seen this medal? Saw it on Pawn Stars. Worth alot of money. It's a 1799 Washington Urn medal. They were all made with the hole to wear it in honor of such a great man.

Long Live The Detectorist :)

SeabeeRon
06-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Nice Dan!!! :peace: You guys sure earn your finds with the terrain you dig in! 8)

tanacat
07-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Love when you guys show pics of cellar holes/your adventures :yes: Congrats on some good relics and an IH :)

Too bad about the bugs >:\ Nothing worse when you're trying to hunt :ticked: