PDA

View Full Version : Last hunt on Old Faithful beach for the year 12/28/14

dpdave38
12-29-2014, 12:11 PM
Had to make the trip one more time to Old Faithful to hunt with a friend. My friend is a early riser, so I figured by the time I get to the beach he would have a handful of silver and maybe some gold as that seems to be the case with him and this same beach. He has found roughly 75 silver coins and 30 plus gold pieces of jewelry from this beach since I showed him the spot I hunt. I won't name any name brands of the detectors we are using, but one of his is finding things that mine does not hear. I moved to another area of the beach the other day because I could not find anything good. He goes to the same area I couldn't find anything the next day and finds 7 silver coins with his machine. Yesterday he was dying to hit my new spot after he saw the gold ring with the ruby that I found on the 26th and yes he had already been their and found a Rosie that I had missed. I was sure he had done cleaned out my new spot with his gold and silver finding machine.:grin: The very first thing I found was the Franklin, then I pulled the dang 10 K GF ring moments later, so knew he hadn't got it all. :cheesysmile: This place is covered in pull tabs and aluminum cans, so we dig a lot of them up and move them so they don't mask out something good. Well I am walking in water about 8 inches deep and see a can with a black round object laying next to it. I am thinking that looks the size of a half, so I move the can and run my coil over it and sure enough it is metal and yes it turns out to be the 64 Kennedy. later as the day was coming to a close I found the religious pendant. The part that made me feel good was I saw my buddy walk right through this area and he had actually left some goodies for me.:cheesysmile:

Thanks for looking,

Dave

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww153/dpdave38/IMG_2975.jpg (http://s715.photobucket.com/user/dpdave38/media/IMG_2975.jpg.html)

Trooper733
12-29-2014, 02:09 PM
Great finds Dave, I lived at Durant from '84 to '89 but never came close to the finds you are pulling out of Texoma now....back then I had a starter model Garretts, cant remember which model, and was just getting my feet wet in detecting (literally) ha ha. Great job.

Mark

dpdave38
12-30-2014, 10:06 AM
Mark, we need to get together sometime and do a little hunting. If you don't mind me asking, where do you live now or what troop are you stationed with?

Great finds Dave, I lived at Durant from '84 to '89 but never came close to the finds you are pulling out of Texoma now....back then I had a starter model Garretts, cant remember which model, and was just getting my feet wet in detecting (literally) ha ha. Great job.

Mark

Tony Two-Cent
12-31-2014, 12:51 PM
Wow, that beach has been a magical place for you, Dave! :yes:

TWO silver half dollars! :wow:

And a beautiful religious medallion! :loveit:

I must say that I am jealous of the Franklin Half and the 1964 Kennedy Half, as I have never found either of those coins. :envious:

Congrats on the terrific finds! :thumbsup02:

dpdave38
12-31-2014, 01:11 PM
Wow, that beach has been a magical place for you, Dave! :yes:

TWO silver half dollars! :wow:

And a beautiful religious medallion! :loveit:

I must say that I am jealous of the Franklin Half and the 1964 Kennedy Half, as I have never found either of those coins. :envious:

Congrats on the terrific finds! :thumbsup02:

Thanks Tony, I had a great year on halves with 8 total, 7 of which was silver. 2 Walkers, 3 Franklins, 1 90% Kennedy and 1 40% Kennedy. Glad I could make you jealous, because I am twice as jealous of all the cool coins you have found. lol

Thanks again,

Dave