PDA

View Full Version : Draped Bust 1/2 cent, IH, and the best dandy button yet

aloldstuff
12-29-2014, 03:44 PM
This morning Kevin (KPMoose) and a co-worker met me at my house and off we went to the farm. This farm is where I have gotten a CT copper, IH, New Brunswick token, dandy and Brian got himself a counterfeit KG and a dandy. I was feeling confident that this spot would still produce.

Now I have never gotten a draped bust or a 1/2 cent. In fact I constantly post that someday I would get a draped bust. Today it happened. Second dig of the day and there she was. I could tell by the size that it was going to be a half cent but I had to have Kevin confirm it. Sadly I don't think I can get a date off of it but judging from the hair style I'm gonna say 1800-1808.

Next up was a great looking 1903 IH, same date as the last one I found there.

Last good find was the dandy button with the fanciest design I have seen on a button, actually thought I had myself a GW...:lol:

Kevin got himself some goodies and thank you for coming up for the hunt. We'll be sure to do it again when its not so cold.

P.S. Was able to beat my over 100 year old coins from last year with this hunt.

Tony Two-Cent
12-29-2014, 03:48 PM
Huge congrats on your first draped bust coin, Al! :perfect10:

And it's a half cent to boot! Had you ever found a half cent before? What an incredible find! :thumbsup02:

I really like the design on that dandy button too. Beautiful!

:congrats:

aloldstuff
12-29-2014, 03:55 PM
Huge congrats on your first draped bust coin, Al! :perfect10:

And it's a half cent to boot! Had you ever found a half cent before? What an incredible find! :thumbsup02:

I really like the design on that dandy button too. Beautiful!

:congrats:

No, that is my 1st 1/2 cent.

Thiltzy
12-29-2014, 05:36 PM
Big grats to you Al, half cent's are very hard to come by. Glad to see you knocked it off the bucket list. Kevin is a great one to hunt with, hopefully you two will get out for some more future hunts.

Isaac
12-29-2014, 06:54 PM
Congrats on the elusive half cent and other digs!

BTV Digger
12-29-2014, 07:11 PM
Great find and congrats for finally getting your half cent! The button has great detail as well. Perhaps yet another visit will yield more goodies eh?

John

aloldstuff
12-29-2014, 07:33 PM
Great find and congrats for finally getting your half cent! The button has great detail as well. Perhaps yet another visit will yield more goodies eh?

John

Thanks for the congrats and I am definitely counting on there being some more goodies...

Todd, seeing that this is my 1st 1/2 cent I have to agree that they are elusive.

Isaac, thanks for the reply and the congrats

Tony, it's a big relief that a 1/2 cent is finally off my list.

Digger Don
12-29-2014, 07:47 PM
What a great hunt you had Al.
Another coin off your bucket list and a new high for coins over 100 years old. :congrats:
That 1/2 Cent is an amazing Find. Great Job!!!

Trooper Bri
12-29-2014, 09:22 PM
Congrats Al on your first half cent! That place has been generous. No doubt you'll find more goodness there. Love that button too, awesome design on it.

MangoAve
12-30-2014, 07:36 AM
That button has a lot of deets still left which is a lot to say when it comes to buttons. Too bad the draped didnt hold out so well. The woman looks more like she has a dinosaur face... now I know why you have to use hair detail to date it.

Cheap Thrills
12-30-2014, 11:56 AM
Super congratulations Al , I would be thrilled to find as many common silver coins per year as you do 100 year old coins in that same period of time . I did once find a Half Cent though ( in a coin shop ).:lol: Keep up the good work .:thumbsup01:

MIKE54
12-30-2014, 01:25 PM
Some nice finds to close out the year (unless you're out there today !).

kpmoose
12-30-2014, 11:53 PM
Super congrats on the Draped Bust Al. Draped bust coin is very high on my "want to find" list. Even though I didn't find one, it was really awesome to be there when you did. You were looking for your 100th coin over 100 yrs old- I'd say you did it in style. :congrats: From the size of that property, I'd say you have another 298 acres to go. :lol: Thanks again for inviting me along. I look forward to hunting together again sometime.

aloldstuff
12-31-2014, 06:34 AM
Super congrats on the Draped Bust Al. Draped bust coin is very high on my "want to find" list. Even though I didn't find one, it was really awesome to be there when you did. You were looking for your 100th coin over 100 yrs old- I'd say you did it in style. :congrats: From the size of that property, I'd say you have another 298 acres to go. :lol: Thanks again for inviting me along. I look forward to hunting together again sometime.

One of those coins have been very high on my bucket list for a long time. I did not get my 100th coin over 100 years old, I just beat my signature finds of last year. We will be hunting again....soon I hope.

Just realized that this coin is my oldest US minted coin.