PDA

View Full Version : A Nice 1909 Indian Head Penny

Pennsylvania Treasures
12-29-2014, 04:29 PM
Was digging at my 1798 Honey Hole Property today for about 5 hours. It started out TERRIBLE :bangahead02:all I was finding was trash, trash, trash, and oh yeah did I mention trash? I was just about to head home and give up until I found the Horse tack buckle. That gave me the energy to keep going for a bit and be in a good mood:yes:. I later found 2 wheat pennies and was hoping for an Indian but sadly both turned out to be just Wheats. Then I got a good signal by a big old tree and there she was I pulled it out of the hole and said to myself Please be an Indian! I moved away the dirt and there she was a beautiful 1909 Indian head Penny recovered by the AT Pro!:yahoo: Might not be a great find to others, but to me I think it was a great day!

Keep On Swinging Everyone!:detecting:

Tony Two-Cent
12-29-2014, 04:33 PM
I think a 1909 Indian Head is a great find! For some reason 1909 Indian Heads are difficult to find. Be sure to check it for an "S" mint mark, which would be located on the reverse below the wreath.

Congrats on the finds! :clapping:

aloldstuff
12-29-2014, 04:37 PM
I agree with Tony, 1909 IH's are hard to come by. Great hunting and your persistence paid off.

BTV Digger
12-29-2014, 07:21 PM
Congrats on the finds. By the way, what matters to YOU is what makes it a great day. I myself don't own one of the top end detectors, so I know I won't find all the deep stuff when out hunting. Just a few interesting finds usually keeps me in a good mood. The IH is indeed a more uncommon find among that coin series. Congrats.

John

Digger Don
12-29-2014, 07:33 PM
I would say you had a great day indeed.
That's a very nice Indian. :congrats:

Pennsylvania Treasures
12-29-2014, 10:21 PM
Thanks for all the kind comments everyone! Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Pennsylvania Treasures
12-29-2014, 10:22 PM
Thanks Tony! and don't worry, the first thing i did when i got home is checked it for an S! Looks like it will be just a Philadelphia Mint!

Nesdore
12-30-2014, 06:32 AM
Congrats on the IH any hunt that you find a Indian is a great hunt I love digging Indians :thumbsup02: