PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Finds

milco
12-31-2014, 05:38 PM
Hello All and Happy New Year!

I did not post nearly as much this year as I have in past years. I did not hunt as much this year as in the past either due to a very busy work schedule, but did make it out enough to make some nice finds. As always it was nice to get out this year on occasion with FMDF members gameoftag and matmit. Unfortunately I never made it out with Fire Fighter 43 (Jeff) or Illdigger (Tim) or any other AD members this year. Oh well, I think 2015 is going to be an even better year!

I ended up with only 9 silvers but my first Franklin Half!; 31 Indianheads including three fatties, and 75 Wheaties.

Here are my finds for 2014, I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.

Thanks for looking!

aloldstuff
01-01-2015, 09:12 AM
Not a bad haul for not much hunting. I would love to find 31 IH's in a single year, great job. You got a Franklin 1/2 of which I am still wondering when one will get under my coil. Like your marbles and skeleton keys also. Hope you can beat 2014 in 2015. Thanks for posting.

Digger Don
01-01-2015, 10:37 AM
I see a lot of cool finds in those photos. Great Job.
Congrats on the Silver And Indians. Especially the Franklin Half.

Tony Two-Cent
01-01-2015, 11:01 AM
Great to see a post from you, Darren! You have always been a valued member here and we hope that you get get out for more detecting and post some incredible finds in 2015!

Your pictures are wonderful, so many interesting finds! Congrats on your first Franklin Half! I'm still looking for my first. You had a great ratio of indians to wheat cents too, you must have been hunting some really old sites. Three Fatties too which is awesome, I've never found one.

Congrats on your terrific year! :clapping:

Fire Fighter 43
01-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Congrats on a good year Darren. Too bad we could not get together for a hunt, this year we will make it happen. Due to your lack of post, I figured you were busy with the family and work. Were most of the finds from tea routs? Happy new year, good luck with the off season research and stay warm. Jeff

mownomo
01-01-2015, 03:41 PM
Darren,
That pile of finds represents a lot of effort, so don't sell yourself short. Quality trumps quantity in this hobby. Good huntin' to ya in 2015.

leslie(nova scotia)
01-03-2015, 03:21 PM
Dun gud me son. Gutz to make more "me" time in 2015. Best of the new year to you and the brood!

Swing-N-Dig NY
01-03-2015, 06:12 PM
Congrats!

milco
01-05-2015, 10:32 PM
Congrats on a good year Darren. Too bad we could not get together for a hunt, this year we will make it happen. Due to your lack of post, I figured you were busy with the family and work. Were most of the finds from tea routs? Happy new year, good luck with the off season research and stay warm. Jeff

Thanks Jeff, happy new year! As usual most of my finds were at tearouts and in fields. There are some good ones on the docket for 2015 so hopefully we can meet up.

Ill Digger
01-06-2015, 09:03 PM
Hey Darren! :waving:
Good to hear from ya!
Nice pics!! You got all kinds of cool stuff there!
Looks like you had some quality time out when you did manage to get out.
I like the skeleton key! :cool: Whats the shield shaped thing? :huh: And the US pad lock. Any info on it?
:loveit: I see some tokens in there too. :drool:Man! I need to see this stuff closer! :lol:
Congrats on your first Benjamin half! I know that feeling. I found my first one last summer.
We'll have to try and hook up again for another hunt. I'd be up for a field hunt this winter too. As long as it's not during one of these :frozen: polar vortexes! :frozen::lol:
Good luck in 2015!! :thumbsup01:

leslie(nova scotia)
01-11-2015, 07:08 PM
Wowzer you had a busy year. May 2015 be as good to you! Thanks for posting!

del
01-11-2015, 07:59 PM
Darren , I hope you get more free time to detect in the new year ! Its always a treat to see what finds pop up from them sidewalk strips and street tearouts . congrats on all that "loot" .

Dan

Johan K
01-18-2015, 12:41 PM
Wow, that's a lot ! Well done !