PDA

View Full Version : Nice Flat Button and Silver Pendant

aloldstuff
01-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Got out with RobW today. The ground was tough to get into at first but as the day progressed it became softer.

Rob killed it in the old coin dept while I was the bug on the windshield. Don't know if he'll post so I'll give a review. To start with he gets a wheat, then a 1860 IH, then a flat button and last a KG. I managed a 2007 rosie.

My good finds are a nice flat button with a weave design on the front and one of the nicest back marks I've seen. It says Treble Gilt Standard Colr Last is a silver (99% sure its silver) pendant which has some sort of white stone in it. It also has something on the back which looks like AF or AE??

Thanks for reading and good luck to all in 2015.

del
01-01-2015, 04:47 PM
nice button Al , you don't see a backmark like that very often . its an early one , congrats on the silver pendant. wish i could of gotten out with you guys today .

aloldstuff
01-01-2015, 04:53 PM
nice button Al , you don't see a backmark like that very often . its an early one , congrats on the silver pendant. wish i could of gotten out with you guys today .

Thanks Dan, You definitely had a full plate recently. Seems that the roles have been switched between Rob and myself. His back isn't the best, nor his knee so lately we tend to hunt to his schedule, meaning as long as he can last. Oh and now I think he's becoming more selective on his targets.

You mentioned an early button, any idea of how early?

del
01-01-2015, 04:58 PM
You mentioned an early button, any idea of how early?

well it looks like its either a British or french import because of the word "colour" , probably British . i'd say from the large seam line in the back and the style of the backmark and the basket weave front would make it anywhere from the 1790's to about 1810 Al.

Digger Don
01-01-2015, 05:00 PM
Great finds Al. Glad to see you are still able to hunt in your area. The ground is frozen solid here.
I really like that old button :congrats:

aloldstuff
01-01-2015, 05:04 PM
well it looks like its either a British or french import because of the word "colour" , probably British . i'd say from the large seam line in the back and the style of the backmark and the basket weave front would make it anywhere from the 1790's to about 1810 Al.

Thanks for that info Dan. I really like that back mark but I also like the weave front so my dilemma is which way to display it.....

del
01-01-2015, 05:16 PM
I really like that back mark but I also like the weave front so my dilemma is which way to display it.....

I hear you Al , my dilemma is to leave it natural with the patina or make it look more like when it was worn or used by the individual who originally had it .

those basket weave buttons look great when you lightly brush them under a faucet with a brass brush , just until the natural metal color starts to show . then a good buffing with a jewelers cloth and then some light oil.

Trooper Bri
01-01-2015, 05:23 PM
I'd be a happy bug on the windshield with that nice button and a bit o' silver Al.
Not a bad day to be out, even with the wind.