PDA

View Full Version : Santa Cruz Beach Hunt With ACE 250

MoneyMan
01-04-2015, 03:55 PM
Hello my Fellow hunters !
So I tried out the ACE 250 at Santa Cruz and got some odd results.... First I tried out a smaller beach near Santa Cruz, just to get used to the new grounds and found some modern clad, bottle caps, pull tabs, etc...pretty accurate, no false signals... But when I got to the board walk my machine started going crazy! It was beeping like crazy, giving false signals.... I looked up a settings on YouTube for salt water beaches and changed the sensitivity to 4 bars and set the detector to jewelry mode. The machine stopped beeping all crazy and seemed to work out although no luck any finds there. I'll probably give it another shot in a few weeks.
Happy Hunting !

Lowjiber
01-05-2015, 08:12 AM
I've hunted that beach a bunch.

There is a member (SeabeeRon) who is a master on that beach. See if you can hook up with him... he's the best hunting partner I ever had. (Don't tell him I said that.:lol:)

dpdave38
01-05-2015, 11:30 AM
Good luck with your next hunt, it looks like you dug the right stuff to find the good stuff. I can see gold in your future.

Dave

MoneyMan
01-05-2015, 03:29 PM
I've hunted that beach a bunch.

There is a member (SeabeeRon) who is a master on that beach. See if you can hook up with him... he's the best hunting partner I ever had. (Don't tell him I said that.:lol:)

Hey Lowjiber,
Thanks for the response. Did you have any luck at this beach? I know there's a lot of traffic here so I'm hoping that means some good finds!
Happy Hunting

MoneyMan
01-05-2015, 03:31 PM
Good luck with your next hunt, it looks like you dug the right stuff to find the good stuff. I can see gold in your future.

Dave

I hope you're right Dave! I'm still waiting to find my first gold! I know it's going to take a lot of patience, but I'm still learning....
Happy Hunting

SeabeeRon
01-06-2015, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the props John,but you exaggerate any skills I may have, just LUCK!! :cool:
Welcome MoneyMan! The Main Beach at the Boardwalk does get allot of depositors, but it also gets a ton of crazy folks like us swinging detectors!! :detecting:
This time of year is pretty slow for tourists, so the finds are fewer. We have not had any good storms to move any sand to get down to the older stuff either.