PDA

View Full Version : good day with Catskill Comics

hockeyguy
06-27-2010, 10:21 PM
So Scott (aka Catskill Comics) and i hooked up again today. This time I had a much more productive outing. I arrived a few hours after he so when I got there he already had 4 silvers and some religious medalions. I chose a different area and began to listen to iron and the good tones all turned out to be buckles or junk.

Anyway I went over to where Scott was and hit a merc, then another, and then another...maybe in 30 minutes time. The rosie was actually in the same hole, but I did had to dig 2x cause I didn't know there were 2 targets there. The '39 has a &quot:grin: mintmark.

As far as the copper religious piece, I spent at least 20 minutes diggin this out. Both Scott and I felt it was a good one, and it is. Naturally, we all want what we don't have and I was hoping for a seated or early US silver; but a nice find for sure.

I thought I was going to catch him :beerbuddy:, but he again took the lead. Then he found the st. jude piece and that's a nice one for sure. Anyway, i had to cut it short 'cause I had a Hockey game.

I also found these 2 items with a copper connection piece in the same hole. I think Scott hit it on the head when he said a cufflink.

Anyway, the last time we found 10 silvers collectively in 1 hunt was ~ 2 years ago. Thank God I was able to supply the lead for this spot as Scott found the last one. Bet ur glad we didn't got to the alternate location on Friday Scott!

Now the guy who told me about the place has been around...like Angel. He's not an internet guy so I will tell you he mentioned (many months ago) some of the coins he has found there...they include colonials, a 1600's reale and several cobb coins. The good news is that if he left these behind for us, there's no telling what else we will locate there.

HH :peace: <:

Aaron

:peace:

Ill Digger
06-27-2010, 10:29 PM
You guys killed it!!
Thats a awesome huntin' spot!!
Congrats :grin:

catskillcomics
06-28-2010, 05:24 AM
Yeh Aaron, like you said... It's like the good ole' days ;) Its actually nice to go hunting and find stuff then going to the default park and hunt and hunt and hunt and find little or nothing..

Great day!!! :clapping: When going again? Huh Huh? when when? LOL

randy
06-28-2010, 05:53 AM
Nice hunt guys. Sounds like a real honey hole.

Geodawn
06-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Sounds like you guys have a great place! love that silver.

angellionel
06-28-2010, 10:11 AM
That had to be one very fun hunt. :yes: Good going on the silver and the rest of the goods! thumbsup01 You guys need to be hitting that park as often as you are able to. There will no doubt be more good finds coming from there.

coinnut
06-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Nice hunts. You guys did kill it that day! Silver in quantity is an eye opener, and a blast from the good ol' days when it used to happen regularly lol Great bunch of dimes. I bet you will be back there soon lol