PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a Makro pinpointer

Lodge Scent
01-11-2015, 10:59 PM
I needed a pinpointer. The Makro had good reviews so I gave it a shot. So far so good. I liked the fact that it is waterproof, 4 sensitivity settings and 3 modes (audio, vibrate and audio/vibrate combo.) Buttons are easy enough to get at, even with gloves.

After using only a Sunray inline probe that sent the audio to my headphones, the loudness of the audio mode when using the Makro pinpointer on a quiet morning in the middle of the woods sounded deafening :lol:. I had to switch to vibrate mode. One thing I really like about the Makro was that the replaceable probe covers come in two styles, one smooth and one with a scraping blade. It really was nice to just easily dig away that last inch of soil with the probe instead of getting another digging tool out.

One thing I am worried about is leaving the probe behind at a site some day. The best part about the Sunray probe was that it was attached to your detector! The Makro doesn't come with a built in lanyard if you want to tie it off to something. It was easy enough to rig something up but it would be nice if the probe was already set up for it. I hear they are coming out with an attachment that will do just that soon.

But so far so good, I am happy with the purchase.

Jeff

msheron
01-13-2015, 02:38 PM
LS I have been using the Makro for some time now and it is truly a versatile PP that is worth every dollar to me. I do wish they had molded the plastic housing in a bright fluorescent orange but they did not. I also like the fact when you get that thing down and dirty you simply wash it off fully under water or under a spigot with no worries! Congrats and enjoy.