PDA

View Full Version : Need a Little Help / What is this??

Digger Don
01-16-2015, 10:28 PM
I've been tumbling some of the stuff that I've been throwing in a box all season. I know I've seen one of these posted before but have no idea what it is. Junk or something cool?
Thanks

del
01-16-2015, 11:32 PM
Don its one half of a brass belt fastener for a military grade type belt , I have and use a belt just like this pictured (with shoulder straps ) to carry mu detecting gear when hiking out to sites. I'm not a 100% sure when they started using these types of belt fasteners but I think they still used them up until at least the Vietnam War era.

Dan

Digger Don
01-17-2015, 12:04 AM
Don its one half of a brass belt fastener for a military grade type belt , I have and use a belt just like this pictured (with shoulder straps ) to carry mu detecting gear when hiking out to sites. I'm not a 100% sure when they started using these types of belt fasteners but I think they still used them up until at least the Vietnam War era.

Dan
Thank You. I guess that's pretty cool.
Has there ever been a question on here that you haven't been able to answer? LOL

del
01-17-2015, 09:02 AM
Here is a better picture of one Don , this is to a U.S. military pistol belt.

Thank You. I guess that's pretty cool.
Has there ever been a question on here that you haven't been able to answer? LOL

maybe :grin: just don't ask me for winning lottery numbers Don ;)

Skamaniac
01-19-2015, 01:26 PM
I used my share of those in the Army back in the 70's. Soon after they switched to plastic clips. That's a nice find. Now you just need to find the other piece.

UNC_
04-08-2015, 05:09 PM
yep i still have a couple of my dad belts from vietnam