PDA

View Full Version : Finds of a Lifetime

SeabeeRon
01-17-2015, 02:41 PM
Saw this on a California dedicated detecting site and on a couple of others and thought the members here would enjoy see it. It is pretty amazing!!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=scCXcdEgOzo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scCXcdEgOzo)

Ill Digger
01-17-2015, 04:46 PM
:shocked05:All he could say is "holy cow"? I think my video would've been all bleeped out if I found a spill like either one of those.:lipssealed: :lol:
That was fun to watch! Thanks for sharing that with us Ron! :thumbsup01:

Tony Two-Cent
01-17-2015, 07:31 PM
I saw this yesterday and sent it to DaddyDigger. (He had already seen it.) It's hard to imagine a hunt better than that, at least here in the states. I would have stroked out! :shocked03: :lol:

Pastpursuits
01-17-2015, 08:15 PM
I would have been shaking so hard I wouldn't be able to continue after that first coin...then to find GOLD COINS!!!! WOW!!!!

The Rebel
01-17-2015, 09:20 PM
That was AMAZING! Thanks for posting!

OxShoeDrew
01-18-2015, 09:46 AM
:shocked05:All he could say is "holy cow"? I think my video would've been all bleeped out if I found a spill like either one of those.:lipssealed: :lol:
That was fun to watch! Thanks for sharing that with us Ron! :thumbsup01:I know!!! Those guys were very reserved! There would have been much more colorful speech if I were involved. :lol:
The guy that does most of the talking got skunked!? How sad is that!? :shocked03::lol:

lee
01-18-2015, 11:04 AM
ive just wet me self

giant056
01-19-2015, 07:36 AM
I watched it on Dig Fellas Fans on facebook right after it was posted, definitely a cache find of a lifetime :D

MangoAve
01-19-2015, 07:41 AM
Idk Drew, maybe the one with the 6 halves gave him one as a consolation prize for filming?
I was thinking why didn't they mark the spot on the gps and come back there when it's daylight and try and find more the next day? For some reason I noticed the dirt was all tilled and quite soft. I've never found a coin older than 1950 in dirt like that. Wondering if the story behind it might be a coin purse fell off a stage coach or out of someone's pocket while riding their horse and never recovered. Or something similar. Too small of a cache for being a bank bag that was dropped. If someone was shot there, their belonging would have been stolen. I am not certain what cointainer people used when burying their belongings while traveling out west.

Lowjiber
01-19-2015, 08:14 AM
Great video, Ron.:) How come you and I never did that well?:lol:

SeabeeRon
01-19-2015, 12:15 PM
Great video, Ron.:) How come you and I never did that well?:lol:

We were to busy on the beach looking at girls! Oops, I mean looking for lost rings! :cool:

SeabeeRon
01-19-2015, 12:20 PM
Idk Drew, maybe the one with the 6 halves gave him one as a consolation prize for filming?
I was thinking why didn't they mark the spot on the gps and come back there when it's daylight and try and find more the next day? For some reason I noticed the dirt was all tilled and quite soft. I've never found a coin older than 1950 in dirt like that. Wondering if the story behind it might be a coin purse fell off a stage coach or out of someone's pocket while riding their horse and never recovered. Or something similar. Too small of a cache for being a bank bag that was dropped. If someone was shot there, their belonging would have been stolen. I am not certain what cointainer people used when burying their belongings while traveling out west.

On some of the other sites where this is posted Ron, Mark & Andrew explain more about the events leading up to the hunt and how it went down. They do (or did) plan to go back and have other locations in the general area to hit. Ron was speculating something like a torn saddlebag or a rider getting bucked off his horse. Who knows, but it sure fun to imagine!!

aloldstuff
01-21-2015, 08:56 AM
I'm speechless, really I've got nothing to say but the smile on my mug is huge. Congrats to the finders of those coins and a big thanks for renewing my faith that finds like this are still out there.

mownomo
01-22-2015, 07:05 PM
A nice hope lifter. Thanks for sharing the link. I wonder it maybe it fell out of an airplane?:hystericallaugh:

DFXplorer
02-01-2015, 11:20 PM
Wow!wow!wow!
It really is a Thriller to see! And keeps the Candle Burning that kind of "Greeeaat Stuff" is still out there!! Makes me want to go out and break frozen ground!!
A Stunner!!:notworthy::notworthy:

Restoring Your Finds
02-02-2015, 09:51 AM
The same guy posted back on another forum. He just found another $20 gold coin...