PDA

View Full Version : Town Common Silver

angellionel
06-28-2010, 08:46 PM
At about 5:00 pm today I decided to hit a town common for a couple of hours. I was hoping to score with at least one old silver coin and a few Indian Head cents. It turned out well, as I picked up a seated dime, dated 1877-CC, a mercury dime, date 1919, and two Indian Head cents, dated 1890 and 1901. There were a few old wheat cents in the mix too.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/June/silverdimes_062810.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/June/wheatsandIHs_062810.jpg

HH!

coinnut
06-28-2010, 09:14 PM
1877 seems to be a popular date on them dimes lately. Why can't we find one on them Indians :lol: Nice couple of dimes and a real good short hunt! :clapping:

hockeyguy
06-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Yeah yeah! :angelic:....love the seated variety :shocked04: :beerbuddy:...right int the center of town heh; were you wearing an orange vest? :yahoo: ever try that oneA

handyman
06-28-2010, 09:43 PM
Another nice seated. I scraped my 1877 while digging :bummer: great job

angellionel
06-28-2010, 10:41 PM
1877 seems to be a popular date on them dimes lately. Why can't we find one on them Indians :lol: Nice couple of dimes and a real good short hunt! :clapping:

Yeah, I know. :bangahead02: I will keep trying though. :cheesysmile: The best one I have found is dated 1870. A beautiful specimen. :smitten:

Yeah yeah! :angelic:....love the seated variety :shocked04: :beerbuddy:...right int the center of town heh; were you wearing an orange vest? :yahoo: ever try that oneA

I'm not bothered much by passersby, though there have been a few times I have had to walk away because the person just stood there staring at me, not the machine. It felt creepy.:lol: I may have to try the orange vest idea.:lol:

Another nice seated. I scraped my 1877 while digging :bummer: great job

I do know that feeling when the digger first makes contact with the coin. :shocked01: It looks like yours was just a slight tap though. It looks fine. :yes:

SeabeeRon
06-30-2010, 03:00 PM
...I'm not bothered much by passersby, though there have been a few times I have had to walk away because the person just stood there staring at me, not the machine...

He was no doubt thinking, this guy is a silver finding machine!!! :teasing: :poke: :clapping: :clapping:

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-30-2010, 08:41 PM
another sweet hunt Angel! aren't ya tired of diggin them darn seated's? geesh c'mon you should be into the capped and draped bust layer of coins by now! :rofl:

angellionel
06-30-2010, 08:42 PM
another sweet hunt Angel! aren't ya tired of diggin them darn seated's? geesh c'mon you should be into the capped and draped bust layer of coins by now! :rofl:

I'm trying, buddy! I'm trying. :lol: :lol: