PDA

View Full Version : new to this need some help

centralcali
01-19-2015, 07:35 PM
Hello everyone I just purchased a garrett 250 and other then parks I have no idea where exactly to go. I am looking for a place in central califonia that I can metal detect other than the beaches . im located in Hanford ca 40 miles south of fresno

Ill Digger
01-19-2015, 07:42 PM
Do have any friends or family with a home? Preferably a older home.
If so you could start there. Or a neighbor?
One thing I've run into over the years, and others can vouch for it as well, if you can get permission from a home owner, sometimes other neighbors will see that their neighbor let you hunt their yard, so they might let you as well. You can work your way right down the entire block!
Good Luck. And welcome to the forum! :grin:

SeabeeRon
01-20-2015, 01:19 PM
Welcome from Santa Cruz! What Timmy says is right on! My FIL was from Hanford and there should be lots of older areas you could get permission to dig on!

Skamaniac
01-23-2015, 09:43 PM
Welcome to the site! Schools can be a good place if school is not in session and the school district allows it. If a city is tearing out old sidewalks the ground underneath can be a great place. The strip between a sidewalk and the street, if it is designed that way, can also be good. Good luck and keep us posted on your hunts.