PDA

View Full Version : New member from southern WI

Super Snooper
01-24-2015, 10:49 PM
Hi All!
I'm Kevin,been detecting for a few years now. Without the knowledge on these forums I'd be considerably further behind the 8 ball for sure! I've learned so much not just about detecting but about the way things were done in the past and why. Knowing these things is invaluable to maximize the chances of finding what you're after instead of swinging blind at the new school,I'm sure we've all found this out! I am specifically a silver coin Hunter,it's what I strive to be and be better at it every chance I have. The key,I feel,to never running out of productive sites is being able to ask for,receive and maintain permission! I would rather work on getting permission to a site I think may be good than spend time swinging for lunch money,that's just me. I've swung for lunch money before when I was learning but it doesn't cut it,nor should it. To be progressively better at what I do,well,I want to get better at what I do!
Thanks for all the great reads here,I don't know why I didn't find this before. But now that I have...HELLO!

Skamaniac
01-25-2015, 01:04 AM
Hello Kevin, and welcome from Washington state. Good luck on the silver hunting! Doing your homework on good sites and getting permission is a wise investment of time for sure.

Tony Two-Cent
01-25-2015, 09:19 AM
Hi Kevin! Welcome to the forum! :waving:

Metal detecting is a very goal oriented hobby for sure. We all strive to find better and better coins and relics. Obtaining new permissions is an important way to achieve that goal. The thrill of finding a type of old coin that you've never found before, that's what we all live for.

We're glad you joined us and we're looking forward to your participation on the forum! :yes:

Ill Digger
01-25-2015, 09:44 AM
Hey Kevin! :peace:
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois! :grin:
Glad you found us! We're always hoping to see what other detectorists are finding.
What kind of detector do you swing? :detecting:

del
01-25-2015, 11:34 AM
Hello Kevin and welcome to the forum , I agree information on the forums can really shorten the learning curve . I hope you get a speedy spring and best of luck this year.

Dan

Digger Don
01-25-2015, 05:03 PM
Hello Kevin and welcome from Northern Illinois.
Glad to have you aboard.:detecting:

mownomo
01-25-2015, 09:41 PM
Kevin, welcome from The Lone Star State. Happy Huntin'. Hope your coil sniffs out a lot of silver.

GA1dad
01-26-2015, 01:30 PM
Greetings from South Carolina Kevin!!

aloldstuff
01-26-2015, 05:17 PM
Welcome from western MA. I know exactly what you are talking about (lunch money). Took me about a year and a half to get into the corn fields and woods where the really goods finds started to happen.

leslie(nova scotia)
01-28-2015, 04:20 PM
Welcome aboard and look forward to reading about your adventures in the hobby!

Fire Fighter 43
02-08-2015, 07:44 PM
Welcome to the forum Kevin from SE Wisconsin. It is always nice to welcome a fellow Wisconsinite. Good luck with the new season.