PDA

View Full Version : First silver of 2015.....

Dan
01-31-2015, 11:13 PM
Headed out this morning to a local park...yes one of those beat to death parks. I have hunted it numerous times, no silver in fact very little clad. There are quite a few folks with detectors around. This park goes back to the early 30's, I knew there had to be some silver hiding somewhere. Started hunting an area by the ball field, just a small strip between the sidewalk and the park road. The cross (bling) was the first to come up then pennies then the junk started beating me up. Then the sweet tone on the Etrac that makes you stop....the Mercury was about 6 inches down..:grin: I wanted to hunt longer but the cold and wind just had me froze . Headed to the house after about an hour.

Digger Don
01-31-2015, 11:23 PM
Congrats on your first Silver this year. Just goes to show, they always leave something behind. I'm glad you were able to find it.

GA1dad
01-31-2015, 11:42 PM
Very inspirational!!! Congrats!!

Dan
02-01-2015, 12:39 AM
Thanks Gents, was wanting to get out tomorrow but we have a bunch of rain on the way and the temps are dropping. I'm thinking old man winter is back....:( Has anyone else found one of the pennies with the angel or ghost punched out of it like the one I found? Any Info?
HH & GL, Dan

Tony Two-Cent
02-01-2015, 08:05 AM
Congrats on the 1926 Merc! It just goes to show you that even the most pounded park still has keepers that are hiding, and the E-Trac is the machine to find them.

No, I have never found one of those pennies with a shape punched out like that. Very cool!

:congrats:

aloldstuff
02-03-2015, 07:39 AM
Now that the way to show that park who's boss. Congrats on the your 1st silver of 2015.

mownomo
02-03-2015, 09:55 AM
Great hunt for an hour! Silver, a cross & a punched penny. I love a variety. Good luck on the next time out.

BTV Digger
02-07-2015, 01:50 PM
Great job and the persistence paid off for you. Here's wishing for spring to come sooner than later!

John