PDA

View Full Version : Babygirl is on the board for 2015

GA1dad
02-01-2015, 03:51 PM
Well I had to tend to a Ford Ranger water pump today. Since the weather was good, rather than stay inside on the Ipad, I made my daughter play outside. She decided to swing the Ace 350 for a while. My house was built in 1970, and was originally just steep pasture land that held no previous structures that I can document. I've found a bunch of clad in the driveway,, and a ton of gutter and siding slaw around the yard from a messy construction crew. But there is no reasonable hope of digging my first silver here.

So Babygirl digs up a few pennies, a nail in the driveway and some trash. Then she announced that she found a dime. I yell congrats from under the hood and don't give it a second thought. As she is brushing it off she says it's got Roosevelt on it,,,,,,, and innocently adds that it's a 1963. It takes a couple of seconds for my mind to grasp what she said, but when it clicks I jumped up and said wh, wh, what??!! I rushed over and it looked like clad to me, but without my glasses I couldn't read the date. I asked her to check again and she sheepishly grins and says "oops, it's a 67". Sorry rascal sure got my attention though,,, and we both had a good laugh over it.

I snapped a few pics to share,,,

mownomo
02-02-2015, 02:28 PM
Precious!!! Love them moments while you can. They grow up too fast. Thanks for the post.

Tony Two-Cent
02-02-2015, 03:35 PM
Nice story and photos. Way to train them right while they're young and impressionable. :thumbsup01:

whammy
02-02-2015, 06:47 PM
Just awesome, congratulations on an up and coming young lady.

aloldstuff
02-03-2015, 06:44 PM
OH so close. Nice post and pics. Any chance of her learning how to replace the water pump???:lol:

GA1dad
02-03-2015, 08:56 PM
I have coached her through changing plugs on the Harley,,,, I wouldn't think a little old water pump would be too hard,,,,, good thinking.

BTV Digger
02-07-2015, 01:47 PM
Great story. Reminds me on my son's first metal detecting outing with me 2 years ago (he was 8 then) and his second find was a Kennedy clad half. Common coin, but uncommon find. It was awesome to see his excitement.

John