PDA

View Full Version : Good to be back!

JdsCoins
02-04-2015, 09:43 PM
Hey everyone. I apologize for my absence. I have been hunting, just not posting for a while. I'll try to be more active this year. First pic is a merc I found on Feb 1st. My best one in a while. Values at about $24 in this condition. :grin: Added a few other coins I found the same day. Was a good hunt! And one of my hunting buddies found an 1810 Ferdinand VII 1 real! :shocked04:
The ring is the smallest I have ever found. Baby ring for sure. Weighs half a gram!

Isaac
02-05-2015, 01:22 PM
Nice finds JD, I really like the skeleton key and 1916S mercury dime; also, I really enjoy your videos on YouTube!

Welcome back, I'll definetely be looking forward to your posts! Keep hunting those old homesites and digging the ugly signals and you'll be rewarded highly! :)

Tony Two-Cent
02-05-2015, 01:32 PM
Wonderful finds and terrific photos, JD! I really like the 1916-S Merc and the Girl Scouts badge. That key is very unusual too, I love the color of it.

Thanks for sharing your finds, they are inspiring! :clapping:

aloldstuff
02-05-2015, 03:49 PM
Welcome back and I also like your videos. Nice 16s merc and that skeleton key is awesome.

Skamaniac
02-05-2015, 04:38 PM
Nice! I like the old key. I've never seen one shaped quite like it.

leslie(nova scotia)
02-06-2015, 03:28 PM
Way to return with a bang!

mownomo
02-06-2015, 11:22 PM
Nice finds there. The skelton key looks like one used on the old steamer trunks. The Mercury dime does have some really good detail. Glad you are back. Happy Huntin'.

Mr. Digger
02-07-2015, 09:08 AM
Nice finds JD. I watch all your vids but it's nice to see you posting on a forum too! You obviously know a ton about coins. Question: when you estimate the numismatic value of a coin (such as that Merc) do you factor in a downgrade for it being a dug coin? Using that Merc as an example, what is your opinion as to how much value is lost for it being a dug vs. a circulated non-dug coin when looking at the Red Book? Obviously the condition of each individual coin will vary, but I'm just curious to get your thoughts in general on this topic.

Great finds as always JD!

JdsCoins
02-07-2015, 09:26 PM
Hey Mr. Digger. As for the mercs, they don't corrode, no 90% silver does, unless it's completely discolored beyond reasonable cleaning or damaged in some way the value is the same as a circulated piece. But when it comes to dug nickels or copper coins it's a different story. Most lose 50% or more of their value right of the bat because of the environmental damage. Hope this helps! :)

BTV Digger
02-09-2015, 11:20 AM
Nice set of finds. Love the zoom shots. Wish I had a camera to make shots like that.

John