PDA

View Full Version : new XP a bit overwhelmed

soilman
02-05-2015, 09:24 PM
Got my XP last week hunted for about 8 hours over the week and right off its so much different than my AT Pro was. I had learned the sound of the pro really well and had trash digging down to almost none. But now the things I think are a coin are AL of all kinds. The big thing is there are so many settings I'm kinda lost with choices. It's looking like it will be mid 70s so really hope to get out and find something. My biggest thing is knowing what the sounds mean. any help is appreciated.

CTTodd
02-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Get over to YouTube and watch some settings videos. Order the Book about the Deus you shouldn't be without it.Hunt in Basic 1 hunt in Deus Fast. Get some hours.Read

Lodge Scent
02-06-2015, 04:10 PM
Soilman, I echo what Todd says. Get the Andy Sabisch Deus book. It is very helpful. You'll catch on quickly. I love my Whites DFX but I found the Deus VERY easy to use and easy tweak to suit my needs compared to my trusty DFX. The Deus has a few simple but effective settings to help you separate the trash from the treasure. Another good Deus info resource is Sergei's MetalDetectingWorld. He explains the settings very nicely. Keep it simple and don't run too hot at first.

soilman
02-06-2015, 04:23 PM
The book is ordered just waiting on it. I've been watching every video I can not sure if the British or Irish ones are going to be the same for my soil conditions here in TX.

Lodge Scent
02-06-2015, 08:40 PM
Likely your soil conditions won't be the same Soilman. The good thing is that the mineralization strength indicator on the right side of the screen can really help you figure out what you are up against. For the most part, your ground mineralization strength will dictate what frequencies are best to use and how much TX power you want to run at. I have low strength mineralized ground where I live. That means the lower frequencies are a better option for me in many cases and that in clean ground I can crank up my TX Power if I wish. If your soil is highly mineralized, or extremely trashy, if you run at a TX of 3 or even 2 in some cases, it will be like wearing sun glasses at night....you just won't see a lot of good targets.

So as long as you make the required adjustments for your soil conditions, then many of the tips shown on those UK Deus videos will apply to your detecting as well. "Gary" has some really informative Deus videos.