PDA

View Full Version : 11 @ 8 Reale Counterfeit Cache

fsa46
02-14-2015, 08:19 AM
http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/showthread.php?7086-11-1807-8-Reale-Counterfeit-Cache

I know this post is over three years old, but will the person that contacted me from New York ( that does research on these ) please get in touch with me as I deleted your email address. A friend that knows someone who found an 8 reale plate would like to get some information from you. " Thank You".

Bell-Two
02-14-2015, 02:31 PM
I remember that post it was great, I hope you get contacted soon.

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-25-2015, 12:13 PM
i was hoping Dan would get back to me concerning that plate so,I could relay the message to him on facebook

del
02-27-2015, 02:05 AM
Dave its definitely a counterfeiter's plate as you can clearly see where the pouring port is but I can't offer any more real information . Thats why I contacted Frank in hopes he still had some info about the guy who was more versed on counterfeits or knew some collectors.

we might need a page that holds a list of good contacts ...

relic restoration and repair
counterfeit collectors
ect. ect.

MangoAve
02-27-2015, 07:32 AM
Dave, have you gone back to the spot to see if you can find the other side? It could have been picked up by another detectorist already, I understand. Too bad you can't distinguish whether it was used for a Carlos III, IV or Ferdinand as they all had the same reverse. Nice find tho. I wasn't on the forum when you found this.