PDA

View Full Version : Happy President's day

del
02-16-2015, 04:16 PM
To celebrate this day and to honor some of our best presidents , please post one of your most favorite quotes or even better an item you may have found that holds a meaning to a president and a favorite quote .;)

the only thing presidential I've ever found (other then clad with bust of presidents on them) is this 1789 George Washington Inaugural Button . These were sold to the people (the price of these then are up for much debate) to raise money for his campaign and presidential parade after his inauguration.

Followed by one of my most favorite quotes by Washington.

I hope everyone shares a few of their favorite presidential finds and or quotes.

Dan

Lodge Scent
02-16-2015, 04:57 PM
Favorite Presidential quotes...where does one begin ?

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on --shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again." - George Doublya Bush.

Ok, I'll be serious for once:

“Power always thinks that it is doing God’s service when it is violating all his laws” - John Adams

Pacivilwarluke
02-17-2015, 09:39 PM
Awesome idea for a thread! :) my first presidential item is a Woodrow Wilson campaign fob, found at a period inn. I also was privileged to find a William Henry Harrison log cabin campaign button late last year. It's rough but it looks better in person haha! HH!

Ill Digger
02-17-2015, 11:03 PM
Interesting idea for a thread Dan. I like it! :thumbsup01:

Like you, other than bunches and bunches of coins I haven't found too many presidential items.
How ever I did find one back in 2012 at a 1930's high school.

It's a 1932 presidential campaign pin. With President Franklin D. Roosevelt and his running mate John N Garner.
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_1986.jpg (http://s766.photobucket.com/user/IllDigger/media/IMG_1986.jpg.html)

I never realized this was President Roosevelt's quote. :blush:
“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”

In my search I found another, not so famous quote that I really like.:thumbsup01:
“When you get to the end of your rope. Tie a knot and hang on.”

del
02-18-2015, 03:31 AM
great stuff gentlemen :wow: I like it :smitten: