PDA

View Full Version : Any one in Iceland Metal Detecting ?

dusty
03-01-2015, 08:04 PM
Will be over there March 7, Like to do a hunt

Lowjiber
03-02-2015, 07:16 AM
There are very few who detect in Iceland. There is a guy named Siggi Palma who has been pretty successful over there. We have exchanged several emails in the past... I even sent him a Lesche digger once because he couldn't find them over there.:)

I've sorta lost touch with him recently, but you might be able to track him down by Googling "Siggi palma iceland metal detecting".

Tony Two-Cent
03-02-2015, 09:30 AM
It's one of the places I'd love to visit someday. Certainly lots of history there, although it has always been sparsely populated. It looks like their average temps in March are 38 F for a high and 28 F for a low, so not too bad.

dusty
03-03-2015, 01:50 AM
Hey Thanks----I think I found him---At one time he was a song writer-----Runs a coin shop now ---Sent a Email to him. I will try and talk him into having some hunts over there , like in England. But the Laws may be harder---Ok Thanks again---Jack in Hot Atlanta

Lowjiber
03-03-2015, 06:45 AM
I know him personally. Tell him John (Lowjiber) said Hi.:)

SeabeeRon
03-04-2015, 08:37 PM
There are very few who detect in Iceland. There is a guy named Siggi Palma who has been pretty successful over there. We have exchanged several emails in the past... I even sent him a Lesche digger once because he couldn't find them over there.:)

I've sorta lost touch with him recently, but you might be able to track him down by Googling "Siggi palma iceland metal detecting".

Hey John, I remember him! Seemed like a great guy. I think he also recorded some music and had a CD.

SeabeeRon
03-04-2015, 08:38 PM
Hey Thanks----I think I found him---At one time he was a song writer-----Runs a coin shop now ---Sent a Email to him. I will try and talk him into having some hunts over there , like in England. But the Laws may be harder---Ok Thanks again---Jack in Hot Atlanta

Ha! Just saw your post after I posted mine! :cool:

Ill Digger
03-04-2015, 08:53 PM
I remember him too. He posted some beautiful pictures of the Iceland countryside! :daydream:
One is still stuck in my head. Its a picture of a triple waterfall....totally cool! :thumbsup01:
If by some chance you can get ahold of him, I don't think you'll be disappointed. He seemed like a genuinely good guy.
And I do vaguely remember his posts about his music.

Ill Digger
03-04-2015, 09:04 PM
I had to go find the picture after talking about it. :lol:
I guess my memory isn't 100% reliable. Maybe it's not a triple waterfall, but it's still beautiful! :thumbsup01:
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee209/siggipalma/IMG_4742.jpg

dusty
03-27-2015, 12:06 PM
Back from Iceland-----Super cool over there----Wife & I will be going back----But did go see Siggi at his coin shop---Very nice person. I have his Email address if any of you want to drop him a line. Had a great deal from a travel co. Trip over and 5 nights and trip back to NYC for $ 850 and one more day for $50, but this was for March. Its going to be more as it warms up over there ---But well worth it----------Jack

Tony Two-Cent
03-27-2015, 12:18 PM
Back from Iceland-----Super cool over there----Wife & I will be going back----But did go see Siggi at his coin shop---Very nice person. I have his Email address if any of you want to drop him a line. Had a great deal from a travel co. Trip over and 5 nights and trip back to NYC for $ 850 and one more day for $50, but this was for March. Its going to be more as it warms up over there ---But well worth it----------Jack

Glad you had a pleasant trip, Jack! Did you get to do any detecting? I hope you will share a few photos with us. :yes:

dusty
03-27-2015, 07:35 PM
Well---- metal detecting in Iceland now is very hard to do with the Law as it is, but Siggi is going to try a get the right paper work to get to metal detecting next time. Now on the photos , most of all my photos are all white, Snow & more Snow . Oh , whats cool is that the US has turn the Air Force Base back over to Iceland and they have made it into schools for the kids in Iceland--- Got back to Ga. and all green down here in Atlanta