PDA

View Full Version : hello from the UK

jojo
03-03-2015, 03:36 PM
Hi all, ive just joined this forum. I have been detecting for just under a year. I live in cardiff in the UK, and am fortunate enough to have some amazing history on my doorstep. My oldest find to date is a 2nd century roman military strap end which I found in Cirencester.

Tony Two-Cent
03-03-2015, 03:41 PM
Hello, jojo! Welcome to the forum! :waving:

You certainly do have the potential to find incredibly old artifacts there in the UK. It would be a dream come true for me to be able to detect there someday.

Congrats on that 2nd century Roman military strap! What a thrill that must have been for you!

Best of luck on your future hunts, and we are looking forward to your participation on the forum. :yes:

OxShoeDrew
03-03-2015, 03:42 PM
Oh my gosh! I'd love to see some pics! Welcome to our group and don't laugh at the age of our finds :lol:

jojo
03-03-2015, 03:49 PM
I will try and post some pics when im used to the forum, we are very lucky here in the uk. My other finds a william 111 love token many roman bronze coins edward 1 hammered penny, a king john half cut penny a medieval quillion elizabeth 1 sixpence and a roman silver siliqua. Not bad in a year but its pretty easy to find stuff here!

del
03-03-2015, 06:03 PM
Hello Jojo , welcome to the forum :waving: please post some photos , we'd love to see some of them old finds , most of us still have way to much snow on the ground to detect.

Dan

Skamaniac
03-03-2015, 10:25 PM
Welcome from Washington state near the foot of Mount St. Helens. Much jealousy here.

aloldstuff
03-04-2015, 02:34 PM
Welcome from western Ma. Glad your here and looking forward to your future participation. Sure would love to be able to detect in the UK someday.

Fire Fighter 43
03-04-2015, 10:41 PM
Welcome to the forum JoJo from Wisconsin USA. I envy you for having such rich history in your area. I hope to make a trip to the UK in the next couple of years for a week of detecting.