PDA

View Full Version : New in Fort Collins, CO

STAG15
07-01-2010, 06:18 AM
Hey everyone!
I am really new to the hobby and was just referred to this site.
By really new, I mean Lots-of-reading-but-still-waiting-for-the-detector-in-the-mail-from-KellyCo new
It should arrive by Friday (paid for the upgraded shipping hehe) and I have a long weekend of obsessive hunting ahead. :-)

Looking forward to having some good stuff to contribute here. :-)

Thanks!
Dave

Lowjiber
07-01-2010, 06:38 AM
Welcome to the forum and your new obsession from southern Nevada.

coinnut
07-01-2010, 07:08 AM
Hey Dave, welcome aboard and what is Kellyco sending you? We have lots of people here that can give you some pointers on your specific machine. I hate to say it, but I believe when you buy a machine and pay extra to get it shipped sooner, you are already addicted lol You are gonna love this hobby :yes: Look forward to hearing about your first hunt!

STAG15
07-01-2010, 07:34 AM
Hey thanks!
Acutally it's funny...how this all started. I had just discovered gunnery...and had bought a couple guns and would plink at cans etc out on the grasslands. I don't shoot animals, but I like target shooting and the whole science and history of gunnery.

Well the place I shoot is basically a big garbage dump, but I kept findng old brass and stuff around and the more I went, the more time I spent sifting through it for unusual things...

And I finally realized I spent a lot more time taking things OUT of the hillside than I did putting things INTO the hillside. :-)
And that led me here...

Since I started looking into it I have become obsessed....why didn't I discover this 20 years ago!? I have always been a collector and a treasure hunter at heart....and here, the everyman's treasure hunting was right in front of me!

Thanks for the replies you all!
I will be posting and spouting off all about it...just....can't stand...waiting for...the...mail....

SeabeeRon
07-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Hey Dave, glad you found your way here!! Lots of good folks!

del
07-02-2010, 10:16 AM
hello Dave , welcome to the American Detectorist forum . make yourself at home here theres a great bunch of helpful people on here.

Dan

Ill Digger
07-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Heah Dave!!
Welcome to the forum from the corn fields of Illinois :grin:
Let me tell you how wierd it can get....after I got my first detecter I was dreaming of coins in the hole & coins coming out of the dirt rofl :yes: I know... :crazy:
Glad you found us :peace:

Epi-hunter
07-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Welcome to this obsessive hobby :) I hope you received your detector!

STAG15
07-07-2010, 05:29 AM
Hey thanks for all the replies!

Yes I did get my detector...it's aFischer F4.
I got it friday night and used it nonstop all the long weekend. I could probably have done more but it was really hot out here...took it out of me.

I ended up with a ton of junk and 14 unremarkable clad coins in various stages of decay.

Learned a lot though, and am still learning more. I'm getting better at identifying what is junk vs what is a real signal. And I am gaining confidence as I go out in public dressed like a refugee from Ghostbusters. :-)

It's been a great start and I am hoping to spend a lot of time here. :-)

CyberSage
07-07-2010, 07:05 AM
Hello Dave,

We should get together for a hunt sometime. The parks here in Fort Collins still give up the occasional old coin still and there is some other good finds to be had in our area. Congratulations on the new detector. Have Fun!

Jack

STAG15
07-07-2010, 08:44 AM
That sounds great Jack...I'm up for that...

I work a pretty normal schedule, but I am also a legendary slack-ass, so if there's a need to get off work early or go in late, I am up for it. Just tell me where and when. :-)

Are you going to be at the local Treasure Club meeting tonight? I was planning on going to that. :-)

CyberSage
07-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Seems like I never make it to those meetings. I should, I hear they are a great bunch of folks. I run into members out hunting all the time. I will shoot you a PM with my contact info. We will have us a great hunt.

Jack

zrickkid
08-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Welcome to the forum from suburban Chicago! ;)