PDA

View Full Version : A ring day.

Trooper Bri
03-10-2015, 09:54 PM
What's up everyone! It's raining, we're melting, and it won't be long!

I dropped off the Native American silver and turquoise ring I dug up back in November to have it resized. It's a beauty, and deserves more than sitting in my 2014 finds box. Picked it up today, and Swede's Jewelers in East Windsor here in Connecticut did a fantastic job (2'nd pic is the thin, split band when I dug it).
The ring had been sized down for a woman at some point, a cheap cut and solder job. Swede's cut out the thinner section of the band and replaced it with a fatter section so it fit my 10 1/4 finger. I can't even see where they did it. They also gave it a nice polish. Can't ask for much better for 40 bucks!

It's also my grandfather's 86'th birthday today, so family and friends met for lunch. While discussing my detecting adventures with them, one of my mother's friends mentioned her mother or father's wedding band lost in their yard last fall. Handed out one of my hobby cards, and I have my 2'nd ring rescue once the evil white stuff is gone. GL & HH!

del
03-10-2015, 10:09 PM
very nicely done Brian , could he tell you any info about the ring ??

Trooper Bri
03-10-2015, 10:17 PM
I didn't ask Dan, and not sure they'd know. The maker's mark on the ring is from Bell Trading of Albequerque, NM. Between 1935 and 1971. You're from the SW, aren't you? Any idea how this jewelry went from tribes to tourist shops?

Digger Don
03-10-2015, 10:21 PM
Your right, they did a great job on the ring.
Good luck on your ring recovery. Lets hope their yard is filled with Silver. ( after you find the ring of coarse )
It won't be long now. IT'S MELTING

MangoAve
03-11-2015, 06:45 AM
Lol. If that be the case, should I be wearing my bell earing I had found? They did a nice job tho.

Pacivilwarluke
03-11-2015, 10:07 AM
Very nice ring and it's awesome that you can now wear it! :)

Trooper Bri
03-11-2015, 08:42 PM
Thanks Don. The property I'm searching is supposedly no older than the 40's. Maybe I'll find some silver. It's a longer ride than my last ring rescue, so I'm doing some detecting this time. I have no idea where the property is, so who knows.
The woman I'm doing the search for lives in another town (Manchester), and her property is supposedly on older farm land. Another permission I'm glad to explore.