PDA

View Full Version : Finally got out!!!!

RIdirtdigger
03-12-2015, 05:16 PM
A ton of snow has melted in southern RI this past week and tempuratures have been in the mid 40's -lower 50's so I decided to try and do some detecting. On Monday I took the AT pro to a local place after school to find the ground frozen :(, so I headed to the beach instead. After a little bit on the beach I noticed I wasn't getting any signals at all. To make a long story short, the AT pro is at the Garrett facility as we speak. Luckily I still had my trusty Ace 350 sitting around so today after school I headed to the same spot I attempted to go on Monday but this time found the ground digable:thumbsup02:. I started swinging and picked up some clad and also my first chucky cheese token. Lol. Also got a 1930 wheat penny. It's been 7 weeks since I last dug a hole in the ground so even zinc pennies made me happy. Can't wait to start cellar hunting and hope to get out in the woods as soon as I can. HH!!!

OxShoeDrew
03-12-2015, 06:40 PM
Oh boy!! I'm glad to see this! We still have lots of snow here but it can't be long now! Congrats on getting to swing!

del
03-12-2015, 06:57 PM
congrats on getting out , these last few days have been like a heat wave . well compared to lately :lol: but there has been significant melting going on :cheering:this keeps up and we will all be out there soon !

Oh boy!! I'm glad to see this! We still have lots of snow here but it can't be long now! Congrats on getting to swing!

I'm just itching to get out Drew !

Pacivilwarluke
03-13-2015, 07:15 AM
Congrats on getting out, I think the spring thaw is here to stay! :)

MangoAve
03-13-2015, 07:56 AM
Subpar for you, sir. JK. Good thing you got out. There is supposed to be a club hunt but they put it to the rain date because it's still a bit frozen near the beach. I wanted to treck throught the snow to the back woods to check the ground with a shovel, but I was a little lazy yesterday. I can hope for getting out this weekend or early this week. Sucks about the ATP. Any word yet on what it was?

Drew/Dan... the shovel is all warmed up. When we going? :lol:

MIKE54
03-13-2015, 03:09 PM
All of us Ct. guys are waiting to dig,glad you could get out.

aloldstuff
03-13-2015, 04:47 PM
Nice to see you got out. I for one can't wait to see your cellar hole finds for 2015.

MangoAve
03-13-2015, 08:13 PM
All of us Ct. guys are waiting to dig,glad you could get out.

Yeah, weird tho how Jim was saying just east of us was getting snow like Boston was, yet he can get out before us?

I'm a little lost on one site tho. #151. I was checking out an area and found something odd. There's a house on the right side of the street built in the 1790s. Opposite side of street has dilapidated structure only viewable from satellite view. Old map has only a domicile the left side, but 70 years after house on right was built. Should be on the map, no? Its facing the street too, so it's not like the street was moved. Maybe an area for some flowing hair cents. Just gotta crack the code

Trooper Bri
03-13-2015, 11:54 PM
It was so nice out Wednesday I charged a pack and took the V3i out a sledding hill close to me knowing it gets a lot of traffic. Was surprised to find no less than 6", up to my knees in places. Swore I'd never post clad again, but the girl found a 2 quarter spill at almost a foot. Notable finds were an Oakland Raiders winter hat and music CD by John Cog (awful) and a green Bic lighter. 2 hours of fun in the sun, even if I got soaked to the knees.

RIdirtdigger
03-14-2015, 08:43 AM
I live very close to the coast so close that I can see the ocean from my house. The yearly snow totals are very low here and increase very quickly as you go north. So far the woods are still pretty buried but hopefully the rain today will make it a little better.

Dan
03-14-2015, 12:50 PM
Great hunt......glad to see folks starting to get out! Nice to see some sunshine for once! :grin: