PDA

View Full Version : ID & Cement removal tips needed

z118
07-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Dug this today... it would appear to be a large good luck token encased in concrete. I managed to chip / flake enough away to read Times and ilee (I'm guessing Jubilee) on one size and Luck on the other. Can anyone ID this specifically? Any tips on removing the rest of the cement?

It's likely not even worth the time to bother with but I sure would like to know what the whole thing says / looks like and a rough age.

Thanks!

del
07-02-2010, 02:53 PM
hey Z coins that come out like that are very difficult to get clean , you could try extremely hot peroxide and leave it in for a good half hour . the hot tempratures will make the coin or token expand some and loosen the concreted crud but theres no telling what the token will look like after because you can't really see the the surface.

z118
07-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Thanks Del - I'll give hot peroxide a try. A guy on another forum ID'ed it - here's a pic of what it was.

tanacat
07-07-2010, 02:28 PM
:shocked04:stretcher: It's amazing how good some people are at IDing- you hardly had anything to go by there! Good luck with the peroxide, I'll be keeping an eye out for your post thumbsup01