PDA

View Full Version : New GPS Mobile application for metal detection

isabel
03-18-2015, 02:41 AM
There is a new great free mobile application for Metal Detection
GO DETECT (www.go-detect.com)

I just installed it on my Android and It gives me a live trace route of my tour.
I can pin point live all my findings and create photo my private albums

It is also available on Iphone i thing

I love it :loveit:

Isa xx

Thiltzy
03-18-2015, 11:36 AM
If you don't want people poaching your hunting sites, then I would avoid using such apps.

MangoAve
03-18-2015, 11:42 AM
If you don't want people poaching your hunting sites, then I would avoid using such apps.

This was one concern I had.

Oneil1979
03-18-2015, 11:57 AM
I downloaded the app and will test it at a local park. I too was concerned about poaching but the app appears to be selfcontained. No friends or forums no way to share your information with anyone. It seems to be a gps that you can pinpoint when u have targets and tracks where you walked to help you grid. I will give it a shot and update along the way

Thiltzy
03-18-2015, 12:06 PM
I downloaded the app and will test it at a local park. I too was concerned about poaching but the app appears to be selfcontained. No friends or forums no way to share your information with anyone. It seems to be a gps that you can pinpoint when u have targets and tracks where you walked to help you grid. I will give it a shot and update along the wayoriginal poster stated taking ,"photos" which I would avoid doing on your cell phone

Lodge Scent
03-18-2015, 02:26 PM
That's funny, I looked at that app yesterday. It's a little to "immature" for my liking. Just a handful of downloads so far. I'll let other more daring souls work out the bugs and possible security issues. It may turn out to be a very good app. I'll stick to Back Country Navigator for now for tracing my routes and marking my sites.

freemindstuck
03-18-2015, 03:43 PM
I use locus pro. It does everything that app appears to do, plus it handles kmz overlays. On top of that it has a gps averaging plugin. Which increases the accuracy of your points dramatically.

Dan
03-19-2015, 12:48 PM
Does anyone use a handheld that tracks where you have been? Kind of like what the Minelab 3030 does?

freemindstuck
03-19-2015, 12:56 PM
Does anyone use a handheld that tracks where you have been? Kind of like what the Minelab 3030 does?
It isn't a handheld gps but locus pro does that.

Dan
03-19-2015, 01:05 PM
I have a tracphone. Apps won't work on it. I'd like to get a cheap Garmen, I'm looking at a wrist mount 301.

Lumpendoodle
03-21-2015, 12:19 PM
I bougt a cheap garmen from fleabay. It's great fun uploading your days dig onto google earth, and it never fails to amuse that those nice steaight lines you thought you were walking while detecting, turn into a spider's scrawl over the fields.

Lodge Scent
03-21-2015, 02:49 PM
...it never fails to amuse that those nice steaight lines you thought you were walking while detecting, turn into a spider's scrawl over the fields.

It's even worse detecting in the woods Lumpendoodle....no such thing as walking a straight line :)

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j364/jeffhdfx2/Route%20trace_zpsxyq0ukbk.jpg (http://s1082.photobucket.com/user/jeffhdfx2/media/Route%20trace_zpsxyq0ukbk.jpg.html)

del
03-21-2015, 03:24 PM
Wow Jeff , from that map it looks as if you were under the influence of some liquid "spirits " while lost in the woods .:lol:

Lodge Scent
03-21-2015, 04:11 PM
LOL.....yeah Dan it does look like I had a quart of vodka for breakfast ! Those lines actually represent 3 trips to that site. The red triangle is where I thought the cellar hole might be but you can tell my guess was off by a couple hundred feet.

mownomo
03-30-2015, 10:22 PM
I would just be happy for an App that would tell me where "not" to hunt. :lol: I'm serious!!!!!

BKM
05-10-2015, 07:49 AM

I'm interested in an App to track my hunts for my own knowledge but do these make your data public? That would be a very bad idea.

Anybody know?

Ill Digger
05-10-2015, 08:10 AM
I'm interested in an App to track my hunts for my own knowledge but do these make your data public? That would be a very bad idea.

Anybody know?I installed it. It seems self contained to me too. It allows you to "share" hunts via emails. However after the first trial hunt, it asks for you to buy a monthly or yearly subscription. It's pretty cool, but I haven't bought any time.