PDA

View Full Version : Second silver@ brass

Robbie
03-22-2015, 03:33 PM
I hunted a friends 18acre farm today. The area dates back in the 1700s where an English tavern used to be in the area, but unknown exactly where. I used the all metal mode for a little while today ,just to see what is in there, and dug up a bunch of nails and stuff. It shows potential. Found one coin (SILVER 63d):bananadance:. Thanks for looking and HH .

del
03-22-2015, 03:42 PM
Robbie I love to look at the total finds from hunts , your finding some older type finds and you might be in the right area for your tavern. some of those same items i find at colonial sites here. 'm curious about the item just under the bullets is it brass/copper or iron ??

Dan

MangoAve
03-22-2015, 04:06 PM
What do you swing, mentioning the all metal mode? I was just out and the snow is still too deep. I used the all metal mode and I Def got a few targets. I only pulled up two pieces of iron before giving up until a hunt can be productive. The all metal mode is sensitive and that's all I could use now, but doesn't give target Id. I had to give up cuz it was drifting so bad due to the variation on snow depth causing the machine to drift. Mine actually kept getting 00 in ground balance, so it really wasnt swekng the ground. Anyways, I did find a faucet almost identical to that one. Just my valve piece Is solid and shaped like a T. Came out of a place where I got an 1820 matron.

Robbie
03-22-2015, 05:31 PM
Robbie I love to look at the total finds from hunts , your finding some older type finds and you might be in the right area for your tavern. some of those same items i find at colonial sites here. 'm curious about the item just under the bullets is it brass/copper or iron ??

Dan
Hey Dan, I`ve got a lot of stuff like this. One of these days, I`ll have to pull out the bucket and show you a tarp full of stuff, the clip under the bullets I think is copper ,and the badge is copper, but everything else is brass.

Robbie
03-22-2015, 05:36 PM
What do you swing, mentioning the all metal mode? I was just out and the snow is still too deep. I used the all metal mode and I Def got a few targets. I only pulled up two pieces of iron before giving up until a hunt can be productive. The all metal mode is sensitive and that's all I could use now, but doesn't give target Id. I had to give up cuz it was drifting so bad due to the variation on snow depth causing the machine to drift. Mine actually kept getting 00 in ground balance, so it really wasnt swekng the ground. Anyways, I did find a faucet almost identical to that one. Just my valve piece Is solid and shaped like a T. Came out of a place where I got an 1820 matron.
For this hunt ,on an open farm field ,I used my MD3080A under water metal detector. It only gives you one tone for everything

Tony Two-Cent
03-23-2015, 01:09 PM
Definitely some older looking relics there, including some interesting pieces of brass and tack.

What is that round thing that says "Trading From Wagon"?

Robbie
03-23-2015, 04:41 PM
Definitely some older looking relics there, including some interesting pieces of brass and tack.

What is that round thing that says "Trading From Wagon"?
Thanks Tony, I don`t know about the Trade badge, I was hoping someone might. It`s not that old. I went to the farm again today. I`ll post in with relics.

Fire Fighter 43
03-24-2015, 02:22 PM
Nice hunt, congrats on some nice relics and a little silver, WTG

Digger Don
03-24-2015, 06:44 PM
Congrats on a bunch of really cool finds.

any idea what that piece is with the heart? I found the same one last season.

Pacivilwarluke
03-25-2015, 08:53 AM
Congrats on a bunch of really cool finds.

any idea what that piece is with the heart? I found the same one last season.

It's a horse strap buckle, really cool find! Here are some on a website!http://www.tias.com/8600/PictPage/3924115429.html

Pacivilwarluke
03-25-2015, 08:54 AM
Very nice finds, your site definitely shows promise!!! I like the suspender bucjle and above the faucet is part of a parasol ( umbrella)

Robbie
03-25-2015, 04:26 PM
It's a horse strap buckle, really cool find! Here are some on a website!http://www.tias.com/8600/PictPage/3924115429.html
Great researching ,Thanks

Robbie
04-21-2015, 07:20 PM
Very nice finds, your site definitely shows promise!!! I like the suspender bucjle and above the faucet is part of a parasol ( umbrella)
Thanks for your input. I have no idea what I`m finding. I am sorry I didn't write to you sooner. I`m just looking back on my finds from this farm, and It`s still showing signs.

Robbie
02-26-2017, 06:01 PM
I went back to this farm again today and found a few more goodies.