PDA

View Full Version : Wireless headphones?

Honeyman
04-01-2015, 09:15 AM
Does anyone make a wireless headphone system for detectors? It would be nice to not be "tied" to my detector when I want to put it down, but still be on phones and not speaker!

Mountaindigger
04-01-2015, 01:12 PM
Unsure of what detector you are using but I own a White's VX3 and use the White's wireless headphones and love them. It is great not to be tied to the detector. The sound is awesome with no delay and they are comfortable blocking most outside noise.

Oneil1979
04-01-2015, 07:34 PM
As already stated it depends on the machine your swinging, I run wireless with the AT PRO without any issues.

Trooper Bri
04-01-2015, 08:48 PM
I don't think a kit exists, but the devices do.

You can buy Bluetooth transmitters, and wireless Bluetooth headphones. Since most detectors use 1/4" stereo headphone jacks, and the Bluetooth transmitters use 1/8" inch headphone plugs, you'll have to buy an adapter.

MangoAve
04-02-2015, 06:13 AM
I have seen a new machine that uses a specific kit. Theres a dongle and headphones, but only for that machine. The kit is $200. It's able to be done for around $50 with universal transmitter and heaphones for any machine. Guessing your machine didn't come with the technology already integrated where you just get a set of headphones.

You can buy Bluetooth transmitters, and wireless Bluetooth headphones. Since most detectors use 1/4" stereo headphone jacks, and the Bluetooth transmitters use 1/8" inch headphone plugs, you'll have to buy an adapter.

Wonder where this idea came from?:eyebrow:

Fire Fighter 43
04-02-2015, 02:41 PM
Here is one I have seen advertised in the TH magazines. I do not know much about them and they come with a pretty high price tag IMHO.
http://www.airheadzwireless.com/products.htm

gabby
04-08-2015, 02:38 PM
I don't think a kit exists, but the devices do.

I have read that bluetooth headphones have too much delay to work well.
I have a set of TDK headphones (WR700 I think) that use a different technology and work good.