PDA

View Full Version : Farm hunt with Lee

aloldstuff
04-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Lee came up to MA today and we hit up a farm here that in the past has been pretty good to everybody,until today. Sorry to say, no coppers, no IH's, but I did get a wheat(1953)...:lol:.

My best find would be the boot heel plate, think I have 5 now. The other smaller item I thought was a tombac button but upon closer examination I'm thinking just a head to a tack.

There are 200 acres to this farm so I am sure that there are other goodies to be had, just have to find them.

Thanks for reading and HH

Lee, thanks for coming up and keeping me company.

Robbie
04-02-2015, 03:53 PM
I went farm hunting today too. I didn't find much neither. It was great to be out thought.

Trooper Bri
04-02-2015, 07:32 PM
Beautiful day to be out once the skies cleared. 60 degrees!

Nice heel plate Al. Doesn't look too worn out.

CTTodd
04-02-2015, 07:54 PM
The Heal plate is a nice one

Lodge Scent
04-02-2015, 08:31 PM
200 acres is a LOT of ground to hunt. I would be very pleased with that heal plate if I found it :thumbsup01:

OxShoeDrew
04-03-2015, 04:22 AM
I agree, that's a sweet heal plate. I hit some woods for a half hour yesterday, still snow in most parts, and as I said in Jeff's thread, I HAD A TICK ON ME! I guess we only have two seasons now....Winter and Tick season. Glad you got out with Lee.

del
04-03-2015, 08:48 AM
I agree with everyone you found a very nice heel plate Al and the other item reminds me of a broken copper rivet found on horse leather harnesses.

Tony Two-Cent
04-03-2015, 02:18 PM
That heel plate is great, Al! That's something we don't find here in the Midwest. I have never found a single one. To me that is an exotic find!

I agree with del that the small round object looks like a broken rivet. Those we definitely DO find here in the Midwest. :thumbsup01:

Bell-Two
04-03-2015, 09:39 PM
I too have never found a heel plate and would be tickled to find one, congratulations!

kpmoose
04-04-2015, 09:53 PM
I'd agree, very nice heel plate. Plenty more land to detect at that property. It's great that you were able to get out with Lee.

MangoAve
04-06-2015, 09:08 AM
Nice heel plate. Idk if acreage matters or not. Obvi more land means the person plowing the field spent more time in the fields with labor, but more land could mean finds are just more spread out. Who's gonna be the scientist to prove which is correct? Lol. Good luck tho. If I remember, there were two coppers pulled from those fields.

aloldstuff
04-06-2015, 08:42 PM
Nice heel plate. Idk if acreage matters or not. Obvi more land means the person plowing the field spent more time in the fields with labor, but more land could mean finds are just more spread out. Who's gonna be the scientist to prove which is correct? Lol. Good luck tho. If I remember, there were two coppers pulled from those fields.

plus New Brunswick 1/2 penny (1843)...musket balls....couple IH's...some dandy buttons and don't forget the Merry Widows tin...:lol:

Digger Don
04-07-2015, 12:25 PM
Nice job digging the heel plate. Even better job getting out and doing some detecting with a friend
Congrats.