PDA

View Full Version : Colonial hunting with Del

coinnut
07-03-2010, 09:33 PM
OK here's my take of today's finds. Yep, that's it lol No matter how you slice it, that's all the goods. :yes: Not the best hunt I have had. :rolleyes: It was a tough day for relic huntng. It started by getting pulled over at 3:45 this morning for a tail light that was out. Then we couldn't quite locate a site that we really wanted to find. Finally we settled on some sites that were close by. Pickins were slim, but I did manage some odd finds. Most of today's hunt and all of the finds were with the Sunray x-5 coil. It performed well at the last site, scoring me some incredibally ugly Indians rofl '03 and an '06. I did find some kind of pewter ornament in a crude shield shape, A pewter button that may be military, a pewter spoon handle that is decorated kinda cool, a miniture weight of some kind and finally an Aluminum crushed thimble and a small Tombac button. That's it ... there ain't no more lol The x-5 coil did sneak them two Indians from a very iron infested, heavily hunted cellar hole

sniffy
07-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Let us know if you find anymore out on the pewter button....

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-03-2010, 09:50 PM
cool relics G! its getting tougher at the holes man.weed infested and all overgrown makes for tough swinging.falls coming soon :thinkingabout:

angellionel
07-04-2010, 12:30 AM
That small coil really does a great job separating through all the trash to reach the good stuff. I don't know about getting up that early though. :shocked01: I would need an entire carafe of DD's coffee to keep me awake. lol

John M
07-04-2010, 08:20 AM
That's not a bad take for the day.Right now is not the best time of year for relic hunting...........hot, dry, weeds all grown up and the bug infestations.Any finds made now are all good.It does suck having Barney Fife pull you over that early as well.

del
07-04-2010, 11:52 AM
well George it was a grueling day that i hope i can forget soon lol lol wow those finds are sad :tongue: :rolleyes: but my finds for the day were even more pathetic :bangahead01: lol lol we sure stunk up the woods for sure , huh. lol lol well atleast you saved face and got a couple of indians , well done . sorry for the trek out into the woods with no results 8/ :dontknow: i guess we're even now. :poke: lol

Dan

coinnut
07-04-2010, 03:59 PM
It does suck having Barney Fife pull you over that early as well.

What was better was the expression on his face when he realized he knew me lol Next time learn my truck buddy :grin: He was fine about it. The stop lasted all of about 30 seconds. This time of year is grueling, but at least the ticks are almost non existant :happydance01: But the deer flies are relentless. We had about 30 of them chasing the jeep.

Epi-hunter
07-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Nice relics, and even though those IH's look tough they are never ugly lol I'm sure the cop who pulled you over at 3:45AM (are you NUTS?!?! lol ) thought he was going to score a DWI.

It's too HOT to detect, too many bugs, and the ground is harder than marble. I went out for a couple of hours today. I'm hanging it up until things improve.

sjv
07-06-2010, 07:48 AM
lol That getting pulled over for a light out sounds familiar. Remember the Blazer with the front light out? 4:30 a.m on our way to a sight. Yeah the ticks must be hiding real deep and the soil must be real dry. I think I'll wait for some rainy days to come, hopefully soon. At least you found some relics .

Ill Digger
07-06-2010, 12:24 PM
The military button almost looks like a little hammered silver coin, like they find in England :yes:
Gotta love findin' those injins!!
Congrats :grin:

coinnut
07-06-2010, 05:15 PM
The military button almost looks like a little hammered silver coin, like they find in England :yes:
Congrats :grin:

I wish it was lol I'd taked hammered silver over a damaged pewter button any day :cheesysmile: As for the Indians, they have saved my hunts a lot, this last month :yes:

tanacat
07-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Nice finds! Just great to be getting out into the woods too isn't it :yes: That's funny about getting pulled over- I bet you didn't think so at the time huh Did you tell the cop you were going MD'ing? lol

coinnut
07-07-2010, 04:25 PM
That's funny about getting pulled over- I bet you didn't think so at the time huh Did you tell the cop you were going MD'ing? lol

No he already knew I was going metal detecting, once he realized that he knew me. lol He's just doing his job. But my light was not even out for 2 or 3 days. Not even long enough to find time to get a bulb and replace it. lol It's fixed now and only cost me $4.00 thumbsup01