PDA

View Full Version : 2 (count 'em) LC's today!

hockeyguy
07-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Yesterday I went out with Catskill Comics for an all dayer....the most expensive hobby I have (based on time out of the office) and squeked out a merc and several wheats along with a few buttons plus a knob....very hot day and I didn't get the silver until the last hour (after ~ 5 of them).

So today, me buddy said he had some new deep setting and I was anxious to try it. He made the change for me (what he did I haven't really checked except for the obvious). When we did the air test, I could hear a clad quarter at ~ 14, so I was excited. I went back to a few spots we have all benn over and over and over. Not too many solid hits, but the 1st copper i thought was a deep dime but sounded like copper. I was quite surprised to see this green disc as even when I finally got it out and scanned the pile, it still sounded like a wheat.

This coin is spanked, but I'll take it. My guess is a Large Cent :shocked04: :confused:. I will soak it, but its like a pancake.

I found the '72 half on the surface, it was a recent drop.

I decided to go to a nearby park that again we have all slammed for several years. Very few deepies here, however, the wheatie and a religuos medallion came from there. I thought the medallion was a copper penny, but to my surprise it was a note to call my priest.

Back to the original park to the good ole volleyball courts where we have pulled at leat 15 silvers in the past year. I ran my machine over it several times from different angles with the thing wide open. For some reason, this time was different. I heard a good tone from most directions. Again i was thinking penny/dime and was hoping for my 1st seated. I couldn't bleive a LC popped out :shocked04:...what a rush.....I may get a date off of this as there's at least a bit of contour to her.

A few minutes later and I hit this IH when a couple kids asked if I was finding anything. I showed them the stuff...they were so greatful they said thanks again before leaving.

Actually, last week I was at a park and 5 people showed up throwing a boomerang in my area. I kept hunting. A few minutes later and one of them runs up on me and throws a quarter in front of my machine. I told him to make it a gold ring and I would be excited. Before leaving I showed him a merc I found. He told his possie it was a canadian coin :teasing:. His friends were so impressed with that find they couldn't believe it. Grown people asking questions with interest. THen mr. boomerang (he was pretty good with it too) says we thought you were just some weirdo looking for change, to which I replied ' you're throwing a boomerang and thought I was weird?! <:

Anyway it was all good.

HH

Aaron

coinnut
07-03-2010, 09:44 PM
I guess the deep program is working? lol It will be hard to tell what type of coppers they are, but they may be identified after cleaning some. 2 coppers is a great day. I can't buy a copper lately lol
I would be very pleased with that hunt.

angellionel
07-04-2010, 12:35 AM
That is a good hunt, Aaron. Popping a large cent from the ground is exciting, no matter what shape it's in. thumbsup01

Ill Digger
07-04-2010, 09:04 AM
It looks like the button has quite a bit of the gilding left to it thumbsup01
To bad the LCs are a little rough but I'd just like to find one :yes:
Nice finds!
Congrats :grin:

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-04-2010, 10:28 PM
nice day out! looks like the new program is workin great! thumbsup01

SeabeeRon
07-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Congratz on the Largies!! :grin: 8)