PDA

View Full Version : ACE 250 finds more silver & a Buff

Full Metal Digger
07-04-2010, 05:36 AM
Howdy diggers,
I went back to that old park again for a 4-hour hunt this morning. Worked yet another trashy area. An older gentleman showed me where the old bandstand was years ago so I stayed in that area.

I found several wheaties, a mercury dime, a buffalo nickel (my 5th 1920), and a 1906 Barber dime! Here's the link to the video of the hunt:

ACE 250 gets more old silver!!! Haircut anyone? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bN-am9ZWfw#)

This was my 9th hunt at that park and so far she has given me 2 Barber dimes, 8 mercs, 2 Rosies, 3 war nickels, 7 buffalos, 1 V nickel, 3 indian head pennies, and several dozen wheaties! The Barber dime is my 20th silver coin of the year! (I know, I know, big deal, Angel got that many in 1 day...)

I have noticed there are very few coins down to about 5 inches. Most of the coins I have found have been 6, 7, or 8 inches deep. Also, most of the coins have come in sounding like trash or very iffy. I can't wait to get an E-Trac so I can get all the coins deeper than 8 inches! Thanks for looking at my post, HH!!

Ill Digger
07-04-2010, 09:24 AM
O.K. ....Good. I'm not the only one who can't seem to kick a stick out of the way rofl They just kinda seem to......well...... stick lol
Another Barber and Merc !! Sweet!! Now that you know were the old band stand used to be you've got a new area to pound!!
Good hunt & video thumbsup01
Congrats :grin:

Epi-hunter
07-04-2010, 06:06 PM
That's fantastic!!! That ACE250 is definitely a keeper :)

coinnut
07-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Some more good finds. Love the Barber. :clapping: You are getting pretty good with that Ace. You have to dig some junk and nails, but you are finding silver too. Great hunt!

angellionel
07-05-2010, 09:14 PM
That's the way to work the trashy sites. thumbsup01 You are doing really great with the Ace. Congrats!

studeman
07-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Luv the Barber! That was a great hunt.

tanacat
07-06-2010, 12:08 AM
Hey Daddy Digger- great hunt, you got quite a few goodies out of that old park! What do you do with your Buffalo nickels, cleaning wise? I just found my first (1924) and it's red. I like the look of it though, red with a bit of light colored dirt to show off the details. It being a 'red man' I thought pretty appropriate, very earthy looking too lol Anyway, nice video- thanks for sharing :)

z118
07-06-2010, 07:48 AM
You sure are having some impressive hunts! Congrats!

milco
07-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Once again you have some impressive keepers, nice finds! I am sure you will continue to do well no matter what detector you have!